SOURCE: Act-On Software, Inc.
BEAVERTON, OR--(Marketwire - Mar 11, 2013) - Act-On Software, a leading provider of cloud-based integrated marketing automation software, today announced results from a recent study it conducted with 101 of its customers. The results show that Act-On's customers are setting a new benchmark for performance compared to marketers at large.
In November of 2012, Act-On and Forrester Consulting published results from research conducted on the practice of online marketing in small and mid-size businesses (SMBs). Those initial results revealed a new model for successful companies, referred to as top performers.
Using questions taken from the Forrester survey, Act-On asked marketing leaders from 101 of its client companies to share their perceptions about online marketing, and validate the benefits and gains realized from their investments in online marketing. As the Act-On customer base are all adopters of 21st century marketing automation tools and the Forrester sample is not (33% adoption), Act-On decided to conduct the survey on its customers to see how they would rank in comparison.
- Act-On customers experienced better revenue performance, and didn't cut or freeze budgets as readily during the recession in comparison to the SMBs surveyed by Forrester.
- Act-On customers place a heavy emphasis on online marketing, using a variety of digital marketing activities to acquire new customers.
- Act-On customers are sophisticated in their use of social media to acquire new customers and know how to measure its effectiveness.
Act-On customers can be considered higher performers than the Forrester survey sample.
- 21% of the Act-On customers surveyed reported they exceeded their goals and grew revenue faster than plan, reporting a 10% or higher growth rate. Whereas in the Forrester sample, only 16% reported a 10% or higher growth rate than plan.
Act-On customers place a greater emphasis on digital marketing programs than the Forrester survey sample.
Act-On customers use social media marketing to acquire customers more readily than the Forrester survey sample.
- 80% of Act-On customers surveyed are using social media marketing to acquire new customers, whereas 69% of Forrester respondents do.
- 65% of Act-On customers surveyed are using social media and can measure that it is working for their business, whereas 49% of Forrester respondents report it is working.
Act-On customers are more bullish than the Forrester survey sample.
- A much larger sample of Forrester respondents cut or froze budgets (71%), compared to Act-On customers (63%).
Act-On customers are just like every other business; they have their own set of opportunities and challenges. The common denominator for their better than expected performance is the adoption of Act-On and marketing automation to create, execute and manage highly agile, integrated multi-channel programs. This has given them a competitive advantage consisting of new digital competence and advanced tools with which to deploy it, placing them among the highest echelon of performers.
- "Marketing automation allows companies to blend the art and science of marketing -- a competitive advantage over non-adopters, and is a determining factor as to why some companies are growing beyond expectations while others are underperforming," said Atri Chatterjee, CMO of Act-On Software.
- "The DNA of an Act-On customer is that of a top performer. This new generation of successful businesses have adapted their marketing practices to changing buyer behaviors and have embraced online marketing," said Atri Chatterjee, CMO of Act-On Software.
Social Media Sharing:
Join us on Google+, LinkedIn and Facebook or follow us on Twitter for real-time updates and late-breaking news. To join the conversation on Twitter, use #ActOnSW.
Act-On Software's cloud-based marketing automation platform is the foundation of successful marketing campaigns everywhere -- from small, simple and direct, to complex globally implemented programs. Act-On's technology features an Instant-On™ database for accelerated campaign implementation; an easy, highly intuitive user interface; and a comprehensive, feature-rich solution set. This includes a best-in-class email engine with one-click integration to leading web conferencing and CRM solutions; tools for website visitor tracking, lead scoring, lead nurturing and social media prospecting; design tools for web forms, landing pages and emails; and more. Act-On is headquartered in Beaverton, Oregon, with offices in Roseville and Menlo Park, California, and Bangalore, India.