SOURCE: Activate Networks, Inc.
NEWTON, MA--(Marketwired - Sep 19, 2013) - Today, Activate Networks, an innovator in and social network analytics, announced its 3rd annual Connected Insight Summit: Breakthroughs Fueled by Network Science, taking place October 8-9, 2013 at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge, MA. Bringing together visionaries, industry leaders and world-class experts in business, life sciences and healthcare, the Summit will focus on how to harness people power to drive business results.
"In its third year, the Connected Insight Summit promises to offer disruptive approaches to leveraging social networks for competitive advantage," said Larry Miller, CEO of Activate Networks. "Attendees will not only learn from the leading visionaries and scientists, they will be able to connect with the leaders who are using the power of social networks to work smarter, faster and better."
Connected Insight Summit - At a Glance
Comprised of three tracks: Enterprise (focusing on Organizational Network Analysis), Life Sciences / Pharma, and Healthcare, the Connected Insight Summit will provide unique networking opportunities while educating attendees on novel social network approaches they can immediately apply to boost business performance, grow sales, and contain costs
Dedicated to corporate leaders and HR professionals, the Enterprise track will offer powerful insights on how leveraging companies' internal social networks can boost employee engagement and performance, improve collaboration, and accelerate innovation throughout an organization. In addition to case examples from Juniper Networks, Cigna and more, featured speakers and themes for the Enterprise track include:
- How Trust, Energy and Fear Electrify Your Company's Network - Rob Cross, DBA, University of Virginia
- The New Human Capital Advantage and Companies as People Networks - Juan Enriquez, futurist
- Where Your Reputation Comes From: A Network Story - Ronald Burt, PhD, University of Chicago
Life Sciences / Pharma Track:
Geared toward pharmaceutical sales, marketing, and market research professionals, the Life Sciences track will give attendees the opportunity to discover powerful new ways to target physicians, and boost revenue. Featured speakers and themes for the Life Sciences and Pharma track include:
- Using Social Networks and Social Influence to Affect the Behavior of Physicians - Nicholas Christakis, MD PhD MPH, visionary network science leader
- The Biosimilar Age: How to Promote a Biosimilar; How to Defend a Franchise from a Biosimilar Attack - Steve Gullans, Excel Ventures
- Insights into physicians online: identity, brand, and behavior - Nate Gross, MD, Doximity
Dedicated to hospital administrators and healthcare leaders, the Healthcare track will offer powerful new approaches to understanding the ways physicians practice medicine, and how to harness their professional networks to coordinate care and control costs. Featured speakers and themes for the Healthcare track include:
- Clinically Integrated Networks and ACOs: Preparing for Risk and Reward - Bruce Landon, MD MBA MSc, Harvard Medical School physician and network investigator
- Measuring progress toward accountable care: lessons from 59 pioneering hospitals - Keith Figlioli, Premier, Inc.
- Physician referral leakage: understanding physician social influence is the key to controlling leakage - Speaker TBA
The Game Changers general session is a special section that will allow attendees to meet Game Changers who are tackling the world's biggest challenges with network science and achieving breakthrough results. Themes and featured speakers of the Game Changers track include:
- Busting Fraud Rings - The Case of Healthcare Bluewater - Gary Gordon, Ed.D., managing partner of Bluewater International
- Spotting Your Insider Threat Through His Network - Tom McAndrew, Executive Vice President, Coalfire
- Tracking the electronic metadata trail of the social network - Luke Matthews, PhD, Activate Networks
Connected Insight Summit -- Full Agenda and Registration:
The full agenda and registration information can be found here.
About Activate Networks, Inc.
Activate Networks, Inc. is an innovator in social science research and social network analysis. The company provides human and organization network analytics for businesses that identify and provide insights about the key social connections that drive commercial and organizational results. The Activate Social platform and its suite of applications for the Human Capital, Life Sciences and Healthcare markets, enable organizations to do business better, faster for accelerated growth.
Activate Social platform is based on groundbreaking social-science research by the recognized leaders in network science, including Professor Nicholas Christakis, MD, PhD, MPH, of Harvard University; Professor James Fowler, PhD, of UC San Diego; and Professor Rob Cross, DBA, of the University of Virginia. The company combines its access to this intellectual property with recently available computing power. The result is vastly improved precision in mapping social connections, identifying and targeting key influencers, conducting campaigns and improving organizational effectiveness. Headquartered in Newton, MA, Activate Networks caters to the Human Capital Management, Life Sciences/ Pharmaceutical and Healthcare sectors. More information can be found at www.activatenetworks.net.
Follow Activate Networks on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube and the company blog.