VANCOUVER, BC--(Marketwire - Dec 6, 2012) - ActiveState®, whose software enables developers and enterprises to innovate from code to cloud, today announced that HP, the world's largest technology company, has entered into a licensing agreement with ActiveState for the OEM integration of ActiveState Stackato®, the enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), with HP Cloud Services, HP's public cloud service. With this technology integration, the HP Application PaaS, powered by Stackato from ActiveState, will provide the PaaS engine for HP Cloud Services.
"HP Cloud Services creates new possibilities for developers and enterprises to enjoy the benefits of cloud computing," notes ActiveState CEO Bart Copeland. "Stackato brings multi-language PaaS capabilities to HP Cloud Services. With its innovative polyglot development support, sophisticated management controls, and best-in-class security model for applications and data, Stackato enhances the HP Cloud Services offerings."
The Stackato integration provides:
- Agility: By reducing the time spent on IT configuration, Stackato will help HP Cloud users get applications to market faster. Developers can easily test in a production environment, self-serve, and get apps to the cloud in minutes, not weeks.
- Scalability: With built-in auto-scaling, Stackato supports the requirements of individual developers running smaller projects, while having the ability to easily scale to support the mission-critical needs of large enterprises.
- Freedom of choice: Stackato delivers freedom of choice and flexibility. Users can choose whichever data service, language, or web framework that works best for each application. For instance, enterprise developers can code in Ruby, Python, Perl, PHP, Node.JS, Java, and many other languages. IT Managers can deploy on LAMP, Java, .NET, or any other stack (and even leverage WebSockets).
- ROI: Stackato saves time and money. Enterprises can get cloud apps to market faster with Stackato's innovative IT as a Service model that features automatic middleware configuration and scaling capabilities.
- Innovation: Stackato automates the configuration, deployment, and management of applications, freeing enterprise teams from managing infrastructure resources and middleware configuration, and enabling a fast and simple test bed environment for all innovative ideas.
- Security: Stackato's innovative individual-wrapper security layer uses Linux containerization technology to envelop each application, and reduce hack-once-compromise-all risks.
Concludes Copeland, "ActiveState is proud to support HP Cloud Services, and is eager to help HP Cloud users realize the full power of the cloud."
To sign up for the HP Cloud Application Platform as a Service beta, go to http://go.hpcloud.com/PaaS-private-beta-signup.
About ActiveState (http://www.activestate.com)
ActiveState empowers innovation from code to cloud smarter, safer, and faster. ActiveState's cutting-edge solutions give developers and enterprises the power and flexibility to develop in Java, Ruby, Python, Perl, Node.js, PHP, Tcl, and more. Stackato is ActiveState's groundbreaking enterprise private Platform as a Service (PaaS), and is the cost-effective, secure, and portable way to develop and deploy apps to the cloud. ActiveState is proven for the enterprise: More than two million developers and 97% of Fortune-1000 companies use ActiveState's end-to-end solutions to develop, distribute, and manage their software applications. Global customers like Cisco, CA, HP, Bank of America, Siemens, and Lockheed Martin look to ActiveState to save time, save money, minimize risk, ensure compliance, and reduce time to market.
ActiveState and Stackato are registered trademarks of ActiveState Software Inc. HP, HP Cloud, HP Cloud Services, and HP Application PaaS are trademarks of the Hewlett-Packard Company.