NEW YORK, NY--(Marketwire - Jan 7, 2013) - Media6Degrees (m6d), the advertising technology pioneer that revolutionizes marketing with its ProspectRank™ platform, today announced that it will host a half-day symposium dedicated to exploring the impact of the data science revolution on the digital advertising ecosystem. The Advertising and Data Science Congress (ADS-CON) will take place on January 16 at the NYU Stern Center for Business Analytics and will feature leading industry and academic thinkers addressing the dramatic impact of data science on advertising.
"Data science and technology advances are changing advertising as we know it," said Tom Phillips, CEO of m6d. "As we kick off 2013, advertisers and CMOs are in need of a compass to help them navigate this world of big data. The days of standard marketing intuition are behind us, and the strategists who understand this will redefine marketing for the next generation."
ADS-CON will kick off with a keynote by Alexis Madrigal, senior editor of The Atlantic. Madrigal will set the stage by describing the impact of big data on everything from quantitative genetics to presidential elections to digital analytics and the everyday lives of consumers.
With a common theme of "The End of Intuition?", the agenda will challenge attendees to think in new ways about marketing and deliver practical knowledge for leading their companies through the data revolution. The list of speakers will include:
- Alexis Madrigal, Senior Editor, The Atlantic
- David Edelman, Principal, McKinsey & Company
- Kamakshi Sivaramakrishnan, Founder and CEO, Drawbridge
- Sinan Aral, Assistant Professor of Information, Operations and Management Sciences, New York University Stern Center for Business Analytics
- Wing Mu, Vice President of Trading, Accuen
- Claudia Perlich, Chief Scientist, m6d
- Paul Pellman, CEO, Adometry
- Eugene Becker, Head of Analytics, Xaxis
- Michael Wexler, Director of Digital Insights, Global Consumer Marketing and Internet, Citi
- Foster Provost, Professor and NEC Faculty Fellow, NYU Stern School of Business
- Vikram Somaya, GM, WeatherFX
- Vasant Dhar, Professor and Head of the Information Systems Group, NYU Stern Center for Business Analytics
The symposium will be followed by a private closing reception at the Museum of Mathematics, co-sponsored by Adometry and m6d. The event is invitation only, and space is limited. Interested parties should contact email@example.com to request an invitation.
For more information, visit: ads-con.com
m6d's industry-best marketing technology platform revolutionizes the way brands think about their audiences and powerfully enhances their ability to find new customers. By capturing a unique brand signal from existing customers, and scoring prospects based on their digital journeys through millions of websites, m6d offers a real-time advertising solution called ProspectRank™ that delivers relevant audiences to marketers. The team that invented Social Targeting™ has developed a platform that is a marketer's dream for audience-based buying, leaving in its wake the limitations of traditional marketing. m6d boasts the industry's most decorated data science team and most experienced media technology management, who together have developed, refined and relentlessly improved its innovative technology over four years in market with over 400 top-tier brands. Recently recognized as Crain's 23rd Best Place to Work in New York, m6d has offices throughout the U.S. and in the UK. More info at www.m6d.com, or follow @m6d_inc.