PORTLAND, OR--(Marketwire - Nov 12, 2012) - Credit-focused investment management firm Aequitas Capital has reached the milestone of 100 employees for the first time in its nearly 20-year history, reflecting continuing growth in its private investment business.
The company has expanded its staff by 30 percent in both 2011 and 2012 to support its growing business of building and distributing income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. To accommodate staff and business growth, the company is taking another 5,000 square feet at its headquarters at 5300 Meadows Road on Kruse Way in Lake Oswego, where it now occupies the entire fourth floor.
"We are building a world-class organization to support the significant opportunities we see for income-producing alternative investments in today's marketplace," said Bob Jesenik, CEO of Aequitas Capital.
Jesenik said unprecedented low interest rates, extreme caution by large banks, and lackluster performance from traditional stocks and bonds are driving interest in alternative investments -- Aequitas Capital's core business. A recent poll of investors, published by Aequitas, supports this view, as more than 78 percent of poll respondents expect to increase their allocation to alternative investments over the next three years.
Recent appointments at the company headquarters include:
- John Meek, Chief Technology Officer. Meek brings more than 30 years of software technology organization leadership, including senior roles with WebMD Health Services, WellMed, Inc., and Timberline Software.
- Ken Archambo, Vice President, Operations, Consumer Services. Archambo brings 23 years of experience in direct and indirect lending leadership, including managing a 200-person U.S. Volkswagen Credit, Inc. service center.
- Huntley McNabb, Vice President, Marketing, Consumer Services. McNabb brings 20 years of experience in marketing and technology services, including MedSynergies, Pegasus Solutions, TRX and Sabre.
- Jason Nash, Vice President, Technology, Consumer Services. Nash brings 17 years of information systems experience, including WebMD Health and Timberline Software.
Recent appointments working remotely include:
- Ken Sundberg, Vice President, Sales. Based in Los Angeles, Sundberg serves healthcare providers in Western states. He brings 20 years of financial services experience, including Horizon, Emdeon and CSI.
- Jeff Litterst, Vice President, Sales. Based in St. Louis, Litterst serves healthcare providers in Midwest states. Litterst has 20 years of healthcare industry experience, including Allscripts, McKesson, Eclipsys, Datex-Ohmeda and Solvay Pharmaceuticals.
- Mark Starr, Vice President, Sales. Based in Charlotte, Starr serves healthcare providers in southern states. Starr has 22 years of sales and marketing experience, including Endeon, McKesson, HealthEZ, Morrison, Marriott Healthcare, and Arkansas Heart Hospital.
About Aequitas Capital
Aequitas Capital, with more than $420 million in assets under management, is a credit-focused investment management firm that builds and distributes income-producing alternative investment solutions to institutional and high net worth clients. With our lending and fund management platform, we focus on high yielding strategies within education, healthcare and private credit. A team of more than 100 employees with cross-functional experience supports our firm, which is headquartered in Portland, with offices in San Diego and New York. More information is available at www.aequitascapital.com.