PALOS VERDES, CA--(Marketwired - May 29, 2014) - The Re/code Code Conference - Aether Things (Aether) today demonstrated its Cone music player for the first time publicly onstage at Re/code's inaugural Code Conference.
Cone is a thinking music player that learns what you like and plays what you love. Cone combines hardware and powerful software with music, podcast and Internet radio services in a striking product that makes the home listening experience nicer. Cone will begin shipping on June 23, 2014 to Rdio Unlimited subscribers.
Initial Launch Partners: Rdio, Stitcher and Nuance Communications, Inc.
Turn the dial and Cone instantly plays music and programming you'll love, selected from more than 25 million tracks on Rdio, one of the largest music streaming services in the world, as well as over 25,000 on demand radio shows and podcasts powered by Stitcher. If you know exactly what you want to hear, you can tell Cone to play an artist, album or title using Nuance's industry-leading voice recognition technology.
Additional partners, features and capabilities will continue to roll out through 2014.
Cone also comes with an app to help you log in to your favorite services, control the player remotely and search for anything specific, such as a remixed or live version of a track. The app will be live at launch for devices running iOS 7.1+.
How Cone Works
- Turn to Play: Simply turn the dial to start. Cone learns your taste and plays something it thinks you'll enjoy here and now, whether that's NPR on Monday morning in your kitchen or Arcade Fire on Friday evening in your living room.
- Skip: Once it's playing, turn the dial to skip to the next song.
- Spin to Hear Something Different: If you're ready for something different, give the dial a spin and Cone will switch to another genre.
- Tap to Pause: Tap the center button to pause whatever you're listening to. Tap it again continue.
- Talk to Cone: Hold the center button and say, "Play Radiohead," or even, "Play 'Creep' by Radiohead."
- Turn it Up: Cone's volume buttons are right above the dial -- if you turn something up, Cone understands you love what's playing.
- Pick it Up: Cone is completely wireless with an eight-hour battery. It learns where it is around your home and adjusts its recommendations accordingly.
- Keep Listening: Cone is constantly learning what you like to hear and when; the more you use it, the better it gets at filling your life with the perfect sound of the moment.
Pricing and Availability
Beginning June 23, Cone will be available for an exclusive period to Rdio Unlimited subscribers for $399.
About Aether Things
Aether builds thinking things that seamlessly integrate hardware, software and services to make everyday life nicer. The company is comprised of a diverse team with experience at Nokia, Apple, Frog, Google, NASA, Pixar and others. Aether's first product, Cone, is a thinking music player that learns what you like and plays what you love. Learn more at Aether.com and connect online at Facebook.com/AetherThings or Twitter.com/Aether.