DENVER, CO--(Marketwired - Feb 3, 2016) - Cloud Elements, a cloud API management and integration service, today announced significant momentum largely due to major growth in revenue, customers and employee base during the full year of 2015. Last year the company released major products, Element Mapper and Element Loader, which supported the growing demand to leverage and manage the thousands of APIs utilized in enterprises around the world.
Cloud Elements CEO Mark Geene expects momentum to keep pace in 2016. "We are blazing trails in the world of API management. Our visionary approach is making a serious impact, especially for Citizen Integrators," said Geene. "With a finite number of developers out there, most APIs will be consumed by Citizen Integrators, or non-technical average business users, this year."
Geene anticipates that Cloud Elements, entering its fourth year of business, will triple key measures (booking, revenues and customers) in 2016, building off of significant 2015 highlights, including:
- Increased Customer Base: Big-name customers such as Hootsuite, HubSpot and Zendesk are now among the Cloud Elements customer roster.
- Partners and Hires: Over the last year, Cloud Elements' OEM model saw an increase in users of their customers' integrations, and the company grew by 150 percent from 20 to more than 50 employees.
- Extensive Product Upgrades: Cloud Elements expanded its platform to a complete set of API integration services, featuring authentication, data discovery, data mapping, data transformation, event management and workflows (Formulas) for orchestration. The company expanded its Elements catalog (both public and private beta Elements) to more than 100 API endpoints.
- Citizen Integrators Matter Too: Citizen Integrators, or average business users outside of IT departments, will surpass developers as the main consumers of APIs in 2016. As such, Cloud Elements' Elements Catalog offers Citizen Integration consumption management tools to support this industry evolution.
- Industry Accolades: Gartner gave notable recognition to Cloud Elements, recognizing the company in two Gartner Magic Quadrants, the Application Service Governance and Enterprise iPaaS Worldwide Magic Quadrants. Cloud Elements was the only unified platform for API management and integration in more than one category.
- Funding Secured: To close last year and usher in 2016, Cloud Elements raised an additional $5 million in Q4 to support their rapid growth. Existing investors (Grotech Ventures, Rally Ventures) and first-time investor Access Ventures participated.
"In addition to IT teams, our model is going to enable Citizen Integrators to easily and efficiently consume APIs," said Geene. "This is a vein at the heart of the API market that we're tapped into, and Denver's vibrant community -- especially around startups -- is the perfect place for us to be maturing."
About Cloud Elements
Cloud Elements is a cloud API management and integration service that enables developers to publish, integrate, aggregate and manage all their APIs through a unified platform. Cloud Elements' integration toolkit enables developers to connect entire categories of cloud services (e.g., CRM, Documents, Finance) or synchronize data between multiple cloud services (e.g. Salesforce, Zendesk and Quickbooks). Cloud Elements is headquartered in Denver, CO, has offices in San Francisco and Dallas and serves customers worldwide. In 2015, Cloud Elements was named one of Outside Magazine's Best Places to Work. Find more information about Cloud Elements at www.cloud-elements.com.