LUXEMBOURG, LUXEMBOURG--(Marketwired - May 21, 2014) - Northland Resources S.A. (OSLO:NAUR)(FRANKFURT:NPK)(OMX:NAURo) - (together with its subsidiaries "Northland", "NRSA" or the "Company") announces that its Annual General Meeting ("AGM") was held on Wednesday May 21, 2014 in Luxembourg.
At the AGM, all resolutions were approved by the shareholders. Olav Fjell, Elisabeth Nilsson, Leif Christian Salomonsen, Olli Vaartimo, Runar Nilsen, Sissel Danielsen, and Stefan Månsson received renewed mandates as Directors of the Board.
At the AGM, the following resolutions were approved by sufficient majority through proxy voting by the shareholders whereby 6,492,887 shares were represented:
- Approval of the reports of (i) the board of directors of the Company and (ii) the independent auditor of the Company on the consolidated annual accounts of the Company (the "Consolidated Annual Accounts") for the financial year ended as of December 31, 2013 (the "Financial Year") and on the annual accounts of the Company for the Financial Year (the "Annual Accounts").
- Approval of the Annual Accounts and allocation of the result for the Financial Year.
- Approval of the Consolidated Annual Accounts.
- Discharge (quitus) to the members of the board of directors being Olav Fjell, Elisabeth Nilsson, Leif Christian Salomonsen, Olli Vaartimo, Runar Nilsen, Sissel Danielsen, and Stefan Månsson and the independent auditor of the Company for the exercise of their mandate during the Financial Year.
- Renewal of the mandate of the members of the board of directors being Olav Fjell, Elisabeth Nilsson, Leif Christian Salomonsen, Olli Vaartimo, Runar Nilsen, Sissel Danielsen, and Stefan Månsson until the next annual general meeting.
- Renewal of the mandate of Ernst & Young S.A. as independent auditor (réviseur d'entreprise agréé) until the next annual general meeting.
- Approval of fees to members of the board of directors of the Company, serving as directors of the Company and members of the Company's Committees, and serving as the Chair of the Company's Committees (as the case may be) of an aggregate amount of CAD 535,000 for the Financial Year and CAD 551,000 for the next financial year to end on 31 December 2014 as proposed by the Nomination Committee and related power granted to the board of directors of the Company to allocate such amounts between the directors of the Company.
- Authorization and empowerment of any director of the Company, or the Chief Executive Officer, acting on behalf of the board of directors, to do all other acts and things as they shall at their discretion deem necessary or desirable for the purpose of giving effect to any of the above items of the agenda and to see to and to accomplish any necessary formalities with the relevant Luxembourg authorities in relation to the items of this agenda, including, but not limited, to the filing of documents with the Luxembourg Register of Commerce and Companies and the publication of excerpts in the Mémorial, Recueil des Sociétés et Associations, and generally to perform any other action that may be necessary or useful in relation thereto.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
"Peter Pernlöf", Acting CEO, Northland Resources S.A.
Northland is a producer of iron ore concentrate, with a portfolio of production, development and exploration mines and projects in northern Sweden and Finland. The first construction phase of the Kaunisvaara project is complete and - production ramp-up started in November 2012. The Company expects to produce high-grade, high-quality magnetite iron concentrate in Kaunisvaara, Sweden, where the Company expects to exploit two magnetite iron ore deposits, Tapuli and Sahavaara. Northland has entered into off-take contracts with three partners for the entire production from the Kaunisvaara project over the next seven to ten years. The Company has also finalized a Definitive Feasibility Study ("DFS") for its Hannukainen Iron Oxide Copper Gold ("IOCG") project in Kolari, northern Finland.
This announcement may include "forward-looking" information within the meaning of applicable securities laws. This forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology, including the terms "believes", "estimates", "anticipates", "expects", "intends", "may", "will" or "should" or, in each case, their negative, or other variations or comparable terminology. This forward-looking information includes all matters that are expectations concerning, among other things, Northland's results of operations, financial condition, liquidity, prospects, growth, strategies and the industry in which it operates. By their nature, forward-looking information involves risks and uncertainties because they relate to events and depend on circumstances that may or may not occur in the future. Readers are cautioned that forward-looking information is not a guarantee of future performance and that Northland's actual results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which it operates may differ materially from those made in or suggested by the forward-looking information contained in this press release. In addition, even if Northland's results of operations, financial condition and liquidity, and the development of the industry in which Northland operates are consistent with the forward-looking information contained in this press release, those results or developments may not be indicative of results or developments in subsequent periods.