ROSWELL, GA--(Marketwire - Sep 5, 2012) - AlgoSec, the market leader for Network Security Policy Management, today announced version 6.3 of its award-winning Security Management Suite, which simplifies the operational and security challenges of managing complex firewall policies. This new release extends support to the widest breadth of network security devices and offers deeper automation capabilities to streamline firewall operations.
AlgoSec Security Management Suite is the first solution to offer support for the Application Control and Identity Awareness Software Blades on the Check Point R75 platform, as well as complete policy analysis for McAfee Firewall Enterprise (SideWinder). This latest version continues to set the bar for automating firewall operations, by automating the generation of Cisco ACL commands, as well as actionable and integrated change recommendations for tightening overly permissive firewall rules.
"Enterprise networks are getting more complex, and so are the firewalls and related technologies that secure them. The evidence of this complexity is usually having multiple brands of firewalls and those firewalls have large and complex policies," says Analyst Greg Young of Gartner. "Actionable policy analysis and automation provides enterprises with the necessary visibility of what is actually going on in their networks and allow them to maintain viable and sound security policies and firewall configurations over time."
The AlgoSec Security Management Suite seamlessly integrates AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer and AlgoSec FireFlow to address the challenges of managing security policies by automating policy analysis and change management.
New features announced today include:
- Extended Next-Generation Firewall Support - In addition to support for Palo Alto Networks NGFWs, AlgoSec introduces the industry's first firewall policy management solution to offer both automated policy analysis (risk assessment, baseline configuration reporting, compliance reporting, change monitoring) and change management for Check Point's Application Control and Identity Awareness Software Blades.
- McAfee Firewall Enterprise (Sidewinder) Support - AlgoSec Firewall Analyzer extends its native device support with comprehensive policy analysis, audit, risk assessment and change monitoring for McAfee Firewall Enterprise.
- Cisco ACL Generation - AlgoSec FireFlow provides an additional level of automation to the change workflow for Cisco devices, by generating the approved change work order into Cisco CLI commands for faster and more accurate implementation.
- Intelligent Policy Tuner Rule Recommendations - In addition to identifying overly permissive rules, AlgoSec's Intelligent Policy Tuner now goes beyond analysis to provide actionable rule modification recommendations to minimize risk from a misconfigured rule base.
- Visualization of Traffic Flow - AlgoSec Security Management Suite provides visualization of traffic routing through the network on its interactive topology map.
- Enhanced Multi-Domain Support - AlgoSec FireFlow provides MSSPs and large enterprises with improved segregation of change workflows for different domains, allowing these organizations to ensure better service to end-users through automated security change management.
"Today's demanding and complex business and IT environment requires increased automation of security policy management," said Avishai Wool, CTO, AlgoSec. "AlgoSec is driven to provide more workflow automation and deeper policy analysis to help enterprises reduce the complexity of managing their security policy across the broadest set of security devices and technologies."
AlgoSec Security Management Suite recently achieved 5 of out 5 stars by SC Magazine in a Risk and Policy Management Group Review. Pricing starts at $10,000. AlgoSec offers a no-risk approach to purchasing organizations with the industry's only money-back guarantee that the company has extended from within 30 days to as many as 150 days.
AlgoSec is the market leader in network security policy management. AlgoSec enables security and operations teams to intelligently automate the policy management of firewalls, routers, VPNs, proxies and related security devices, improving operational efficiency, ensuring compliance and reducing risk.
More than 900 of the world's leading enterprises, MSSPs, auditors and consultancies rely on AlgoSec Security Management Suite for unmatched automation of firewall operations, auditing and compliance, risk analysis and the security change workflow.
AlgoSec is committed to the success of every single customer, and offers the industry's only money-back guarantee.
For more information, visit www.AlgoSec.com.