SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 31, 2013) - AlienVault, the leading provider of Unified Security Management™ solutions and crowd-sourced threat intelligence, today announced the expansion of the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange™ (OTX) to now include all of the company's open and collaborative community activities to better serve security professionals on the front lines of cyber security defense and incident response.
"Good security measures should be within the reach of all enterprises, yet often, small to mid-market organizations cannot afford the tools and threat intelligence information that is available to large enterprises and federal governments," said Barmak Meftah, President and CEO of AlienVault. "Today, we re-launch OTX as an even broader initiative to provide free resources, projects, services and threat intelligence to IT security professionals with the goal to unify efforts to combat the ever-increasing malicious threats that plague organizations."
The broader OTX initiative will now serve as an open and collaborative community for security professionals to connect with their peers, find free tools for security monitoring, and learn about the latest threats and defensive tactics from industry experts and security researchers. As part of delivering this rich security intelligence, OTX now consists of the following elements:
- AlienVault OTX Reputation Monitor™ - The industry's only open and collaborative threat intelligence system. AlienVault's OTX Reputation Monitor is the largest, crowd-sourced repository for threat information around the world. The OTX Reputation Monitor can be leveraged by security professionals in 2 ways:
- AlienVault OTX Services - free services (including OTX Reputation Monitor Alert) for security professionals who join the AlienVault Open Threat Exchange.
- AlienVault OTX Forum - an interactive online information exchange where security professionals can actively connect with peers to ask and answer security operations questions, find out information about security products, and discuss threat mitigation strategies.
- AlienVault OTX Learning Center - an online knowledge base with hundreds of "how to" videos and documents on implementing security monitoring using AlienVault USM and OSSIM, as well as basics on security intelligence and incident response.
- AlienVault OTX Projects - open source projects focused on collaborative threat intelligence and incident response. Specifically, AlienVault's open source project, OSSIM, where contributors and users can download the world's most widely used open source SIEM product and contribute to the OSSIM project.
- AlienVault OTX Labs Blog - AlienVault Labs' insightful security research on emerging global threats and vulnerabilities. Includes articles that share the latest threat analysis as well as techniques on identifying them.
OTX is free to any OSSIM user or AlienVault customer who chooses to participate. To join, visit www.alienvault.com/open-threat-exchange.
AlienVault's Unified Security Management™ solution (USM) provides a fast and cost-effective way for organizations with limited security staff and budget to address compliance and threat management needs. With all of the essential security controls built-in, USM puts enterprise-class security visibility within fast and easy reach of smaller security teams who need to do more with less. AlienVault's Open Threat Exchange™ is an open and collaborative initiative for security professionals to connect with their peers, and learn about the latest threats and defensive tactics from industry experts and security researchers. AlienVault is a privately held company headquartered in Silicon Valley and backed by Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Sigma, Trident Capital and Adara Venture Partners. For more information visit www.AlienVault.com or follow us on Twitter.