ALMA, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - June 30, 2016) - Department of Canadian Heritage
The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage, today announced that the Government of Canada is providing $28,300 in support for the 43rd edition of Alma's Festirame.
This funding, provided through the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program, will be used to organize cultural and sport activities as part of this festival that helps raise Alma's profile.
- Festirame 2016 will be held at Place Festivalma from July 2 to 10.
- The goal of Festivalma, the organizer of Festirame, is to support recreational, sporting and cultural events that put Alma at the forefront of the regional entertainment scene.
- Among the activities offered are music shows and different kinds of entertainment for the whole family.
- This event showcases the talent of more than 60 artists, artisans and local heritage performers. Nearly 300 volunteers help ensure it runs smoothly.
- With around 75,000 visitors, this popular festival is one of the major summer events in the Lac-Saint-Jean-Est RCM.
"By supporting events like Festirame, we help create jobs, encourage tourism and promote a sense of belonging to the community. I'd like to commend the ongoing commitment of the people who are behind this organization and help improve the quality of life of their fellow citizens and visitors to this beautiful region of Quebec."
-The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage
"We have several new offerings this year, such as an afternoon show on July 3, a children's show on the morning of July 5, and a dragon boat race that's open to the public! Come join us!"
-Janie Maltais, Executive Director, Festivalma
Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.