DALLAS, TX--(Marketwired - Nov 16, 2016) - Parks Associates today announced new IoT research showing Apple has so far been the most successful connected CE brand in creating a product ecosystem strategy, where consumers own multiple different products with the Apple brand. 360 View Update: CE Device Ecosystems shows nearly one-third of consumers use two or more Apple products while 23% use multiple Microsoft products and 20% use two or more Google-branded products.
"Apple has set the standard for brand loyalty across platforms," said Stuart Sikes, President, Parks Associates. "For example, 82% of Mac users who purchased a smartphone chose an iPhone, while only 38% of non-Mac users chose the iPhone for their smartphone purchase. By contrast, the smart home area does not yet have a dominant brand, but multiple companies, such as Amazon and Google, are vying to be the leader of these ecosystems, particularly through their digital assistants. At CONNECTIONS™ Summit, we will examine the strategies required to establish brands as IoT ecosystem leaders."
The 11th-annual CONNECTIONS™ Summit: Engaging Consumers: IoT and the Smart Home will take place January 5 at CES® 2017 in Las Vegas at the Venetian, followed by an evening reception at Treasure Island. The one-day executive summit focuses on the best business models and value propositions in the Internet of Things (IoT), the smart home, and connected and mobile CE and services. Speakers include:
- A&D Medical - Terry Duesterhoeft, President and CEO
- Amazon - Charlie Kindel, Director - Alex Smart Home
- American Family Ventures - Dan Reed, Managing Director
- Cirrent - Rob Conant, CEO
- Comcast - Daniel Herscovici, SVP & GM, Xfinity Home
- Ericsson - Pierre Fitzgerald, Global Energy & Utilities Industry Lead
- EVRYTHNG, Inc. - Curt Schacker, SVP, Smart Home
- Galaxywind Network Systems Co., Ltd. - Jun Chen, Director of Oversea Market
- General Motors - Steve Schwinke, Director Advanced Development and Concepts
- Greenwave Systems - Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist and Technology Evangelist
- Icontrol Networks - Letha McLaren, Chief Marketing Officer
- Nest - Aubrey Thelen, Head of Developer Relations
- NXP Semiconductors - Asit Goel, SVP and GM, Secure Monitoring & Control / Internet of Things
- Philips - Paul Adams, Head of Connected Health
- Qualcomm - Joseph Bousaba, Vice President, Smart Home & Consumer Businesses
- ROC-Connect - Kevin Meagher, SVP Business Development
- Samsung Electronics America - Bill Lee, Vice President of Smart Home Product Marketing
- Sears Holdings Corporation - Chris McGugan, General Manager, Innovation and Kenmore
- Support.com - Lee Gruenfeld, VP, Strategic Initiatives
- Sutherland Global Services - Ratul Sengupta, Vice President, Client Engagement
- Target - Gene Han, Vice President - Consumer IoT, Head of SF Innovation Office
- Thread Group - Grant Erickson, President
- TROVE - Isaias Sudit, Founder
- Vivint Smart Home - Alex Dunn, President
- Vodafone - Erik Kling, Vice President, IoT New Business Development
Early CONNECTIONS™ Summit sponsors include Vivint Smart Home, Cirrent, EVRYTHNG, Galaxywind, Greenwave Systems, Icontrol Networks, NXP, ROC-Connect, Support.com, Sutherland Global Services, and TROVE.
Media and organizations supporting the event include Antenna Group, Appliance DESIGN Magazine, B2 Group, BayPay Forum, Best Web Design Agencies, bestseos.com, Cablefax, CIOReview, Conference Guru, CrowdReviews, Fiber-to-the-Home (FTTH) Council, FierceCable, FierceMobileIT, FierceOnlineVideo, FierceTelecom, FierceWireless, HomeGrid Forum, IPSO Alliance, MoCA, Open Connectivity Foundation, PharmaVOICE, SmartGridSpain, TelcoProfessionals, Thread Group, TopSEOs.com, and Visibility Magazine.
For more information on Parks Associates research or events, visit www.parksassociates.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org, 972-490-1113. To schedule an interview with an analyst or to request specific research data, please contact Holly Sprague at email@example.com. Parks Associates will be at Booth #41073 in Sands A-D throughout CES 2017.
About CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES
CONNECTIONS™ Summit at CES is an annual research and industry event hosted by international research firm Parks Associates at CES in Las Vegas. The executive event features one day of panel discussions on the smart home, Internet of Things (IoT), and connected entertainment, with trends and implications for connected consumers and opportunities for companies to build new revenues and innovative business models. The 2017 CONNECTIONS™ Summit will take place January 5 during CES, which runs January 5-8 in Las Vegas. Follow the event on Twitter at @CONN_Summit. http//www.connectionssummit.com