SOURCE: Ambassador Financial Group
ALLENTOWN, PA--(Marketwired - Oct 24, 2013) - Ambassador Financial Group, Inc. is pleased to announce that it has acted as financial advisor to MVB Financial Corp. of Fairmont, West Virginia, in its purchase and assumption of CFG Community Bank, Lutherville, Maryland, for approximately $30 million in cash and MVB Financial common stock.
Over the past few years, Ambassador Financial Group has completed numerous whole bank acquisitions, branch sales and acquisitions of fee businesses. Our successes include:
- MVB Financial Corporation (WV) $30 million purchase and assumption of CFG Community Bank (MD)
- Haven Bancorp (NJ) $27 million acquisition of Hilltop Community (NJ)
- Riverview Financial Corporation (PA) consolidation of Union Bancorp (PA)
- MVB Financial Corporation (WV) $19 million acquisition of Potomac Mortgage Group, LLC (VA)
- NBT Bancorp (NY) $233 million acquisition of Alliance Financial Corporation (NY)
- Old Line Bancorp (MD) $49 million acquisition of WSB Holdings (MD)
- ESSA Bancorp (PA) $24 million acquisition of First Star Bancorp (PA)
- Capital Bank (MD) branch sale to DNB First, NA (PA)
- Canandaigua National Corporation (NY) acquisition of OBS Holdings (NY)
- ESSA Bancorp's (PA) acquisition of the benefit consulting insurance businesses of William S. Harrison II and David P. Lilly (PA)
Ambassador's M&A expertise can assist financial institutions seeking to acquire, identify an exit strategy, or find a strategic partner. For acquirers, we identify candidates, determine an appropriate deal structure, create pro-forma models and lead negotiations. For those considering an exit, we identify potential acquirers and determine their level of interest, ability to pay and ability to close. We also prepare an information memorandum, contact those that have been determined to have the greatest potential, and negotiate on behalf of our client. For those seeking a strategic partner, we employ our experience to develop solutions to social, management, and corporate culture issues to facilitate a mutually beneficial, value-enhancing combination.
At Ambassador, our goal is to assist our clients in achieving their strategic goals. We do this by offering personalized service along with a comprehensive suite of capital market services that encompass balance sheet management, investment banking, and investor relations.