LOS ANGELES, CA--(Marketwired - May 7, 2013) - Adobe MAX -- AMD (NYSE: AMD) today announced at Adobe MAX new and improved accelerated features for Adobe® Photoshop® CC and Adobe Premiere® Pro CC. The introduction of the all-new Smart Sharpen feature and recently updated Blur Gallery and Liquify effects reinforces the collaboration between Adobe and AMD to provide high-quality, impressive performance to creative professionals everywhere by fully tapping into AMD compute and graphics processing leadership through cross-platform open standards like OpenCL™ and OpenGL.
"AMD and Adobe are working together to help provide powerful solutions that enable creative professionals to speed workflows and increase throughput, boost productivity and creativity, and fully realize their creative vision," says Neal Robison, senior director, Software Alliances at AMD. "AMD APUs and graphics coupled with Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC push the boundaries of what's possible and help artists of virtually all talents and disciplines make the imagined real."
"We have increased the performance of our industry-leading applications Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC with enhanced OpenCL and OpenGL support, empowering creative professionals and consumers alike to harness the many benefits and robust power of modern AMD APUs and GPUs," said Simon Williams, director of Strategic Relations at Adobe. The creative community asked, and AMD and Adobe answered by providing artists a powerful combination of technologies with which to streamline today's complex creative workflows."
AMD and Adobe recently announced expanded OpenCL support for Adobe Premiere Pro CC at the National Association of Broadcasters Show 2013, including multi-stream and mixed format accelerated workflows with real-time effects, color grading and finishing with hardware-accelerated rendering to the chosen final destination format. Today AMD announced support for additional OpenCL-accelerated features with the announcement of Adobe Premiere Pro CC including OpenCL hardware-powered rendering with Adobe Media Encoder CC for Adobe Premiere Pro CC projects and multi-GPU support. This enables users to queue up multiple Adobe Premiere Pro CC projects to be rendered using all available GPU horsepower in the background. Both Adobe Photoshop CC and Adobe Premiere Pro CC fully support advanced display technologies such as 4K and AMD Eyefinity multi-display technology.
New and enhanced Adobe Photoshop CC features have been added to the dozens of existing open hardware accelerated features in Adobe Photoshop CC:
- Adobe's all-new Smart Sharpen filter leverages OpenCL and AMD graphics technology to sharpen images faster1 while minimizing halo effects on distinct edges and providing precise noise reduction control;
- The enhanced Blur Gallery harnesses the power of OpenCL and AMD graphics technology to deliver mouse-down previews quickly, accurately and with high on-screen resolution of up to a million pixels. High quality instant on-screen and in-context feedback allows artists to work more efficiently without unnecessary disruptions to the creative workflow. Non-destructive hardware-accelerated Blur Gallery effects are applied as Smart Objects to create a desired look for images and even video within Photoshop CC;
- Performance enhancements have also been made to the Liquify effect so that creative professionals can now push, pull, rotate, reflect, pucker, or bloat selected image areas to achieve unique artistic effects with greater speed2 while working with even the largest images.
Users everywhere can join the Adobe Creative Cloud and gain a competitive advantage through immediate access to AMD hardware-accelerated features and functionality with the latest Adobe creative software products. Adobe Creative Cloud offers an end-to-end, cross-platform tool kit with industry-leading software seamlessly integrated with all the hardware needed to create, collaborate and stay connected.
Adobe and AMD are previewing the next generation of their professional imaging, video and audio products at Adobe MAX, The Creativity Conference, May 4-8 in Los Angeles (AMD Adobe MAX Booth #115.)
- With Adobe Creative Cloud a simple monthly membership gives you the complete collection of Adobe creative software products. Along with cloud storage, Creative Cloud members automatically get access to new tools and product updates as soon as they're released
- For more information about AMD Performance
- Details about AMD and Adobe
- For more information about AMD FirePro™ Graphics
- For more information about Adobe
- For more information about AMD
About Adobe Creative Cloud
Adobe Creative Cloud is a simple monthly membership that provides the entire collection of Adobe tools. Members get access to every new feature upgrade as soon as it is available -- at no additional cost. Membership offers ongoing access to all of the Adobe creative desktop applications, including new features as they become available, plus online services for file sharing, publishing and more. To learn more about Creative Cloud for Video Pros, visit http://www.adobe.com/products/creativecloud/video.html.
AMD (NYSE: AMD) is a semiconductor design innovator leading the next era of vivid digital experiences with its groundbreaking AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs) that power a wide range of computing devices. AMD's server computing products are focused on driving industry-leading Cloud computing and virtualization environments. AMD's superior graphics technologies are found in a variety of solutions ranging from game consoles, PCs to supercomputers. For more information, visit http://www.amd.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon and combinations thereof, are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Other names are for informational purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective owners.
1. AMD tests are performed on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary configuration yielding different results. Test project used the new Smart Sharpen effect with Adobe Photoshop CC pre-release build, version 18.104.22.168 from 4/23/2013, test image: 5616x3744, 60.2MB, .PSD format. A notebook PC with AMD A10-5850M APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 8650G Graphics, 2x2GB DDR3-800 RAM, video driver 22.214.171.124 - 07-Apr-2013, SSD hard drive and Window 8 Professional (x64) build 9200 took 14.84 seconds with GPU acceleration on versus 31.03 seconds with GPU acceleration off. RIN-27
2. AMD tests are performed on optimized AMD reference systems. PC manufacturers may vary their configuration yielding different results. Test project used the new Liquify effect with Adobe Photoshop CC pre-release build, version 126.96.36.199 from 4/23/2013 compared to the original Liquify in Photoshop CS6 released in May 2012, test image: 5616x3744, 60.2MB, .PSD format, on a notebook PC with AMD A10-4600M APU with AMD Radeon™ HD 7660G Graphics, 2x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM, SSD hard drive and Window 8 Professional (x64) build 9200. The original Liquify effect (with video driver: 8.981.0.0 - 06/20/2012) took 47.47 seconds and the new Liquify effect (with video driver: 188.8.131.5232 - 12/12/2012) took 36.67 seconds. RIN-28