SUNNYVALE, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 9, 2016) - AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) was named 2016 UBM Tech ACE Award Company of the Year by EE Times and EDN. The awards honor the people and companies behind the technologies and products that are changing the world of electronics. The winners were announced at an awards ceremony on Wednesday, Dec. 7, at the San Jose Convention Center in conjunction with Embedded Systems Conference (ESC) Silicon Valley.
"This has been an exciting year for AMD as we execute on our strongest product roadmap in more than a decade and I am honored that AMD was selected as Company of the Year," said AMD President and CEO Dr. Lisa Su. "This award is a testament to the tireless efforts of our employees globally who are driven by a shared passion to build great products that change the world."
AMD has sharpened the company's focus and identified key foundational priorities to deliver great products for years to come. A sampling of key successes for AMD in 2016 include:
- Disclosing details about its upcoming high-performance x86 "Zen" core architecture and "Zen"-based products, including a public preview of the competitive performance of the "Summit Ridge" desktop processor and a first look at the 32-core, 64-thread "Naples," server product
- Expanding the family of mainstream and workstation class graphics cards with new Polaris architecture based on 14nm FinFET technology, which brought virtual reality experiences mainstream
- Extending leadership in gaming as Microsoft and Sony announced new AMD-powered game consoles
- Announcing Polaris-based Embedded Radeon™ discrete GPU products with 4K and 3D support for medical imaging, digital signage and casino gaming applications
- Collaborating with Alibaba Cloud and Google Cloud to deliver cloud computing services based on AMD Radeon Pro™ GPU Technologies
- Entering a joint venture with THATIC to create a licensed high-performance processor and SoC technology for the China server market
- Reinforcing its commitment to open standards by participating in three consortia to bring open standards to future servers and datacenters with high performance interconnect technologies.
- Receiving the Catalyst Award by the Green Electronics Council for its 25x20 Energy Efficiency Initiative and being named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index for the 15th consecutive year
"The ACE Awards celebrate the highest achievements in innovation and creativity in electronics design, and the three finalists selected this year are all very accomplished, which made selecting the winner a challenge," said Nina Brown, VP Events, UBM Americas. "We ultimately selected AMD because the company has shown relentless focus and determination to build IP and products that are market-moving."
A panel of EE Times and EDN editors and independent judges from across the country narrowed down the entries to three finalists in each category, based on the criteria set forth in an online submission form. Winners are determined from among the finalists by a panel of independent judges.
For more than 45 years, AMD has driven innovation in high-performance computing, graphics, and visualization technologies -- the building blocks for gaming, immersive platforms, and the datacenter. Hundreds of millions of consumers, leading Fortune 500 businesses, and cutting-edge scientific research facilities around the world rely on AMD technology daily to improve how they live, work, and play. AMD employees around the world are focused on building great products that push the boundaries of what is possible. For more information about how AMD is enabling today and inspiring tomorrow, visit the AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) website, blog, Facebook and Twitter pages.
About Advanced Manufacturing Expos & Conferences
UBM's Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is the leading B-to-B event producer, publisher, and digital media business for the world's $3 trillion advanced, technology-based manufacturing industry. Our print and electronic products deliver trusted information to the advanced manufacturing market and leverage our proprietary 1.3 million name database to connect suppliers with buyers and purchase influencers. We produce more than 50 events and conferences in a dozen countries, connecting manufacturing professionals from around the globe. The Advanced Manufacturing portfolio is organized by UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc (UBM.L), an Events First marketing and communication services business. For more information, visit www.ubmamericas.com.
About UBM Americas
UBM Americas, a part of UBM plc, is the largest business-to-business events and trade show organizer in the U.S. Through a range of aligned interactive physical and digital environments, UBM Americas increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences by cultivating meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. UBM Americas has offices spanning North and South America, and serves a variety of specialist industries with dedicated events and marketing services covering everything from fashion, tech and life sciences to advanced manufacturing, cruise shipping, specialty chemicals, powersports and automotive, concrete, hospitality, cargo transportation and more. For more information, visit: www.ubmamericas.com.
AMD, the AMD Arrow logo, Radeon, and combinations thereof are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Microsoft is a registered trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the US and other jurisdictions. Other product names used in this publication are for identification purposes only and may be trademarks of their respective companies.