SOURCE: Amelia Island CVB
AMELIA ISLAND, FL--(Marketwired - Jul 23, 2013) - Several Amelia Island hotels, vacation rentals and inns have cooked up discounted rates and unique packages for the Fourth Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, August 23 and 24. Visitors can take advantage of these specials to come enjoy the two-day event on Amelia Island, FL.
The following properties are offering discounts for the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off:
- Residence Inn, Amelia Island is the official host hotel of the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off. The property offers rates starting at $109 per night, which includes free hot full breakfast, evening social, and shuttle to the cook-off. The special rate is valid from August 21-25 and must be booked before July 20. Mention Tailgate Cook-off.
- Addison on Amelia is offering a free night on reservations of four nights or more during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off weekend.
- Amelia Hotel at the Beach is offering standard rooms for $79 per night, deluxe rooms for $89 per night, and King Balcony rooms for $99 per night for visitors attending the cook-off. The rate is only available by calling 877-263-5428, and includes free parking and Hot & Healthy breakfast daily. The discount is valid August 22-24. Use rate code GTCO when booking.
- Beachside Motel is offering a 20 percent discount on standard rates during the cook-off. The offers are valid August 23-25. Call 877-261-4236 to receive discount.
- Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is walking distance from the event and offers a Fourth Annual Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off Package, starting at $599. The package includes a king bed, sunset guest room for two nights, bike rental for two, hors d'oeuvres reception, complete breakfast each morning and more.
- ERA Fernandina Beach Realty is offering discounts on vacation rentals with condos from $145 per night and beach houses from $160 per night with a 2- to 3-night minimum stay. This includes Oceans of Amelia, Amelia South and Amelia By the Sea condominiums and selected oceanfront homes and resort condos. Discounts will be available August 22-25. Call 800-741-4011 to book.
- Fairbanks House is offering a 15 percent discount to guests staying three or more nights for the Cook-off, along with a free bottle of Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce and bag of Southern Slush Mix. Guests will also receive daily gourmet breakfasts and evening social hours. This offer is available for new bookings and may not be combined with other offers. Must be booked online using code STC13.
- The Omni Amelia Island Plantation is offering their Give Me S'more Summer package during the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off. The package includes a round of mini golf at Heron's Cove Adventure Golf; ice cream float concierge at Marché Burette or In Room Dining; s'mores around a beach fire; $100 recreation credit and pizza at Natural Slice. The package starts at $328 per night for two adults and two children and requires a two-night minimum stay (before Labor Day weekend).
- The Ritz-Carlton, Amelia Island will offer a special fall promotion during Cook-off. The offer includes room rates starting at $189 per night and a $50 spa credit. Guests must book online and use promotional code "FLP" to obtain the deal.
The BBQ cook-off is a Kansas City Barbeque Society (KCBS) sanctioned event and features free entertainment throughout the event, including performances by Boston former lead singer Fran Cosmo and '80s and '90s rock cover band Rockit Fly.
For more information about the Great Southern Tailgate Cook-off, entertainment lineup and accommodation discounts, visit www.gstailgatecookoff.com.
**Prices do not include tax and are based on availability. Contact properties for reservations.