BURLINGTON, MA--(Marketwire - Jul 27, 2011) -
- Kalido, the leading independent provider of business-driven data governance solutions, announced today that leading MDM analyst firm The Information Difference has positioned Kalido® Master Data Management™ in the upper echelon of solutions based on technology.
- Every year, The Information Difference releases its "MDM Landscape," which analyzes the offerings of "significant" master data management (MDM) vendors and positions them based on "Technology," "Market Strength" and "Customer Base."
- In the Q2 2011 MDM Landscape, The Information Difference places Kalido among the top three vendors in terms of technology. Technology score is determined by a weighted set of scores derived from:
- Customer satisfaction as measured by a survey of reference customers,
- Analyst impression of the technology,
- Technology maturity in terms of its time in the market, and
- Technology breadth in terms of its coverage against The Information Difference's functionality model
- According to the report, The Information Difference has "seen a dramatic upsurge in the awareness of how data governance should be an integrated part of, if not a precursor to, a successful MDM program... Kalido has gone as far as releasing a data governance product unconnected to its own MDM offering which can work with MDM hubs from other vendors."
- Kalido was also recognized for having one of the highest customer satisfaction scores of the analyzed vendors.
Allen Johnson, vice president of marketing and channels at Kalido, said:
- "The impact of master data management programs is best measured not merely by the improvement of data quality, but by the improved efficiency of the business processes that master data affects. We've designed our master data governance solution with that business goal firmly in mind, and we're excited to be recognized as an MDM technology leader."
About The Information Difference
The Information Difference is an analyst firm focusing on master data management (MDM). Our founders are pioneers who helped shape the MDM industry, with in-depth MDM global project experience. Take advice from someone who has run real-life MDM projects, rather than someone who just talks to people who have. www.informationdifference.com
Kalido is the leading provider of business-driven data governance software. Kalido enables companies to manage data as a shared enterprise asset by supporting the business process of data management. Kalido software has been deployed at more than 300 locations in over 100 countries, including 20 percent of the world's most profitable companies as determined by Fortune Magazine. More information about Kalido can be found at: http://www.kalido.com.