Anglo Minerals Ltd.
TSX VENTURE : ALM

Anglo Minerals Ltd.

July 12, 2005 11:40 ET

Anglo Announces Receipt of Permits

CALGARY, ALBERTA--(CCNMatthews - July 12, 2005) - Anglo Minerals Ltd. (TSX VENTURE:ALM) is pleased to announce that it has received three permits ("Permits") to prospect for subsurface minerals issued by Saskatchewan Industry and Resources under the The Subsurface Minerals Regulations, 1960 (Saskatchewan). The Permits grant to the holder thereof the exclusive right to explore and prospect for certain subsurface minerals for an initial term of 5 years commencing June 30, 2005. The Permits cover lands in excess of 250,000 acres located approximately 140 kilometers east of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan. Anglo owns an 85% working interest in the Permits, with the other 15% being a carried working interest held by a private Saskatchewan corporation which is arm's length to Anglo.

Management of Anglo believes that the lands are prospective for, among other things, potash and magnesium, both of which are covered by the Permits. Portions of the subject lands are located within 25 kilometers of an operating potash mine. Anglo has applied for 7 additional exploration permits which it expects will be issued in due course.

Anglo is now reviewing the data available to it and has contracted North Rim Exploration Ltd. of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, to prepare technical reports to be filed pursuant to National Instrument 43-101 entitled Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects. Once the technical reports have been completed, Anglo will, in conjunction with North Rim, be designing an exploration program which Anglo intends to initiate prior to the end of 2005.

The TSX Venture Exchange Inc. has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information

  • Anglo Minerals Ltd.
    Todd Montgomery
    President
    (403) 510-5565