SOURCE: Antaeus Wealth Advisors
BOSTON, MA--(Marketwired - Aug 12, 2014) - NBA Star Antoine Walker is re-launching The 8 Foundation whose mission is to develop and deliver a comprehensive financial literacy program to an underserved segment of our youth population. It will accomplish its mission by partnering with Antaeus Wealth Advisors to provide age appropriate educational material and teaching tools.
To kick-off this partnership and re-launch, they hosted a special screening of Antoine's latest documentary, 'Gone in An Instant' in Boston on Monday, June 23. This documentary chronicles the rise and fall of former NBA superstar Antoine Walker's fame and fortune. Antoine Walker's story speaks for itself. Amassing over $110 million during a 13-year NBA career, Walker went from being an NBA All-Star and World Champion to facing felony charges stemming from gambling debt in Las Vegas. However, vice was not his sole enemy; his generosity to more than 70 family members and friends evenly contributed to the drain of his fortune.
Now successfully navigating bankruptcy, Antoine is on a mission to educate others on financial literacy, using his own story as a warning and an effective platform for others to learn from his mistakes. The documentary is the first of many planned projects by "It's The Comeback Kids LLC" that will feature individuals working to better the lives of others through charity.
Antaeus Wealth Advisors' purpose is to begin constructing a framework to teach financial literacy to high school students and similar individuals. To build your wealth and financial security, there are basic topics that must be learned and understood. Some of the highlights of their educational materials will include:
- What you make vs. what you keep.
- What is income?
- Saving: This is the key to building your wealth for the future.
- Spend it now, it's 'gone in an instant'; save and invest it and you can use your money to make more.
- Compounding: The eighth wonder of the world.
- Creating an "emergency fund": how and how much?
- Beginning to invest: Stocks, bonds and mutual funds (there are no guarantees).
- Spending: What is a reasonable amount to spend?
- Cash or Credit?
- Credit cards: the good, the bad and the ugly.
- Learn: keep reading, take a course in money management, and work with a financial advisor.
- Understand where you are now.
- Create goals for the near and long-term future.
* Note: No recommendations nor guarantees are made, expressed or implied through these materials.
About Antaeus Wealth Advisors
Antaeus Wealth Advisors, LLC, formerly Sohn & Associates, is a comprehensive financial services practice based in Boxborough, Massachusetts. Having served clients across market cycles and over generations, their team provides the resources and education for clients to make informed decisions with their money. By following the core values of trust, integrity and prosperity, Antaeus puts their clients' interests first. Antaeus Wealth Advisors, LLC. 80 Central Street, Suite 150. Boxborough, MA. 01719. 978.264.9999. http://antaeuswealth.com.
Securities offered through Cambridge Investment Research, Inc., a Broker-Dealer, and member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through Cambridge Investment Research Advisors, Inc., a Registered Investment Adviser. Antaeus and Cambridge are not affiliated companies.