Antrim Energy Inc.
TSX : AEN
AIM : AEY

Antrim Energy Inc.

September 09, 2005 13:40 ET

Antrim Awarded Licence Under the UK's 23rd Seaward Licensing Round

CALGARY, ALBERTA AND LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(CCNMatthews - Sept. 9, 2005) -

NOT FOR DISTRIBUTION TO U.S. NEWS WIRE SERVICES OR DISSEMINATION IN THE U.S.

Antrim (TSX:AEN) (LSE:AEY) has been awarded Promote Licence Block 211/23d, located in the United Kingdom's North Sea, under the UK's competitive 23rd Seaward Licensing Bid Round. Under the terms of the award, Antrim has two years in which to commit to the drilling of one well or relinquish the Block. Antrim's working interest is 79%. A third party has a time limited option to elect not to participate in the remaining 21%.

One discovery well (211/23b-11) was drilled in 1992 on Block 211/23d and tested oil at a rate of 8100 bopd from the Jurassic Brent interval. Antrim intends to evaluate additional drilling targets in the sandstones of the Jurassic Brent Group, including the trends defined by the discovery well, with a view to consolidating its interests in this Promote Licence and the Causeway Prospect on the adjacent Block 211/22a, into a development project.

Certain statements contained in this press release may be considered as "forward looking". Such "forward looking" statements are subject to risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from estimated or implied results. The TSX has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Updated information about Antrim can be accessed on its website: www.antrimenergy.com

Contact Information