SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwire - Jun 25, 2012) - AppCentral, the leading mobile application management provider, today announced that it has enhanced its multi-platform technology to enable broad adoption of mobile solutions throughout the extended enterprise -- including company employees, contractors, even business partners and distributors. Based on its cornerstone solution for managing proprietary mobile applications on any Apple iOS, Google Android or RIM BlackBerry smart device, the latest version of AppCentral simplifies the creation and operation of enterprise mobile application storefronts, while providing the necessary controls to protect critical business information.
"The benefit of mobility is quickly being realized by companies who recognize that the BYOD phenomenon is not a problem, but rather an opportunity to improve sales, engage customers and drive efficiencies throughout their organization," said Richard Greene, AppCentral president and chief executive officer. "AppCentral's customers are using our mobile application management solution to enable lines of business, partners, contractors and distributors to leverage mobile in a way that they haven't before."
AppCentral's mobile application management solution provides a cloud-based, custom-branded enterprise app storefront and management console for distributing, controlling and managing proprietary apps on iOS, Android, and BlackBerry devices. An integral part of AppCentral's updated platform is the broader application of AppCentral AppGuardian, the company's core application wrapping technology. AppCentral's updated platform also includes enhancements to:
- Distribution - including support for Apple's Volume Purchase Program (VPP), which allows organizations to manage the distribution and redemption of volume licenses codes received from Apple as well as use of Apple and Android device messaging services for event notifications on the mobile app storefront.
- Control - including easier embedding of policy controls into any app without requiring redevelopment work, as well as fully automated creation and distribution of the customized mobile storefront.
- Management - including deeper control over systems permissions, access to apps and content, and a simplified user interface and management workflow.
"Mobile application strategies are not about the device, nor are they about the app itself," said Maribel Lopez, founder of Lopez Research. "Successful mobile strategies focus on improving and changing business processes to create competitive advantage and improved operations."
AppCentral's latest platform is available immediately. New users can try AppCentral at no-charge for a 30-day evaluation period. Please visit www.appcentral.com/trial to register.
- For more insight on mobile application management, visit AppCentral's blog.
- Follow AppCentral on Twitter for updates on enterprise mobility news.
AppCentral® makes it easy for enterprises to distribute, secure and manage the mobile apps that are driving new levels of productivity. Through a cloud-based, customized app storefront, AppCentral makes mobile apps and data instantly available to authorized members of the extended enterprise -- employees, contractors, and ecosystem partners -- even on devices beyond enterprise control. By focusing on apps and data, not the device, you exercise both content and brand control, effortlessly updating, tracking, and reporting on content. Learn more at www.appcentral.com.