SOURCE: Appian Corporation
RESTON, VA--(Marketwire - Nov 29, 2012) - Appian, the market leader in modern business process management (BPM) software, today announced Appian 7. Appian 7 expands the boundaries of BPM, deeply integrating social and mobile capabilities to drive participation in more effective business processes, and faster, more informed business decisions. Appian customers, partners, and members of Appian Forum are invited to learn more about Appian 7 on December 18th in a series of introductory webinars.
Appian's seamless combination of work automation, social collaboration and mobile access delivers unique worksocial capabilities. Worksocial surpasses the value of both traditional BPM technology and newer Enterprise Social platforms by weaving social collaboration into core business processes across all enterprise applications. Appian 7 provides the enterprise-wide platform organizations need to integrate social and mobile technologies into new and intelligent business processes that drive internal efficiency and exceed customer service expectations.
Key features in Appian 7 include:
- Complete BPM Suite: Appian is the only BPM platform to include all the components needed to rapidly deliver process improvement. Appian's tightly integrated capabilities (including process modeling, business rules, forms, content management, reporting, identity management, integration, and social collaboration) work seamlessly together for simple administration and management
- Social Collaboration: Appian's zero-training social interface drives process participation, effective collaboration and faster business action. Appian 7 enables a number of key social features including:
- Following users and process events in a user's activity stream
- Creating "Social Tasks" for ad-hoc work assignments and collaborations
- Sharing "Kudos" to publicly recognize achievements and accomplishments
- Sending direct messages for both private and public conversations
- Collaborating in a social activity stream around process events and user updates
- Native Mobile Access: Appian 7 allows access to key tasks, collaborations, and actions from today's leading mobile devices -- with no additional development or maintenance costs for mobile apps. Native applications for iPhone, iPad, Android and BlackBerry devices deliver a responsive interface for users to stay connected to their enterprise wherever they are.
- Real-Time Process Intelligence: Appian 7 ensures that all employees have the data they need to make better business decisions, and also drives predictive analytics for automated intelligent routing. Appian's real-time process architecture streams data to dashboards and event feeds in context with business rules that monitor and enforce all aspects of a process. With highly flexible reports, access to all process data, fast rule processing, and unmatched scalability, Appian's architecture uniquely delivers on the promise of real-time process intelligence.
- Rapid Application Development: Simple BPMN modeling, collaborative design, a repository of reusable components, and fast one-click deployment enables rapid time-to-value for Appian BPM applications. No other BPM platform is as easy to install, use, manage, and deploy. With the proven ability to scale to millions of users, Appian is ready to accelerate your BPM initiative from initial deployment to enterprise roll-out in record time.
- Flexible Deployment Models: The entire Appian 7 Suite is available for on-premise or cloud deployment. Appian Cloud is the BPM market's most widely used complete cloud BPM suite, providing a low-risk solution for BPM deployments, with full portability of solutions between on-premise and cloud installations.
- Compatibility: Appian 7 remains backwards compatible with processes, reports, integrations, and user interfaces developed on Appian 6. This allows all Appian customers to quickly upgrade existing systems to take advantage of a new social interface and mobility features.
"Worksocial is the true route to a faster, more fluid organization," said Matt Calkins, president and CEO of Appian. "Appian 7 brings the processes, systems and data that comprise 'work' into the social and mobile world, collapsing the time to better decisions and better actions through one simple interface across the business."
Customers, partners, and Appian Forum members are encouraged to register for our December 18th Appian 7 product introduction webinars. To register, please visit Appian Forum.
Appian delivers everything needed to drive better business decisions, actions and results. All the data, all the processes, all the documents and all the collaborations -- in one environment, on any device, through a simple social interface. The Appian BPM Suite is available on-premise and in the cloud, with complete portability. More than 3.5 million users, from Fortune 100 companies to the mid-market and small businesses worldwide, trust Appian to power their critical business processes. For more information, visit www.appian.com.