OTTAWA, ONTARIO--(Marketwired - Jan. 30, 2014) - Department of National Defence
The Canadian Army has announced the official extension of the appointment of Mr. Blake Goldring as its Honorary Colonel until 2016.
Mr. Goldring is a successful Canadian business and community leader. He is Chairman and CEO of AGF Management Limited, an investment management firm, as well as founder and Chairman of Canada Company, a charitable, non-partisan organization that serves to build the bridge between business and community leaders and the Canadian military.
As the Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army, Mr. Goldring plays a significant role in strengthening the relationship between Canada's business community and the Canadian Army, all the while fostering a robust esprit de corps across Army units and organizations. Mr. Goldring was first appointed as Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army in March 2011.
- Mr. Blake Goldring has been a strong supporter of the Canadian Army and the Canadian Armed Forces for many years.
- He was formally recognized as the Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army on March 26, 2011 at a ceremony at the Canadian Forces College in Toronto.
- The appointment has been officially extended until October 18, 2016.
- Prior to his appointment as the Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army, Mr. Goldring served as the Honorary Colonel of The Royal Regiment of Canada and currently sits on the Board of Governors for the Royal Military College of Canada.
- In 2009, Mr. Goldring was awarded the Meritorious Service Medal (Military Division) by the Governor General of Canada in recognition of his support to the Canadian Armed Forces and, in particular, his founding of Canada Company.
"I am pleased to announce the extension of Mr. Blake Goldring's appointment as the Honorary Colonel for the Canadian Army. I'd like to thank Mr. Goldring for his extraordinary commitment to Canadian military personnel and their families. As a prominent member of the Canadian business community, he has been an excellent ambassador for the Canadian Army and a tremendous help in bridging the two communities. I look forward to working with him over the next few years to continue to build the vital relationship that the military shares with its communities."
Lieutenant-General Marquis Hainse
Commander of the Canadian Army
"I am privileged to be the Honorary Colonel of a Canadian Army that is strong, proud and ready. The time I've spent with the troops has shown me in a much deeper and broader way the great professionalism of our men and women, and the commitment that they, and their families, make in serving our great nation. I am inspired every day by their dedication, and it is my sincerest pleasure to continue serving as the Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army."
Honorary Colonel of the Canadian Army
Article - Honorary Colonel of the Army Appointed - March 26, 2011