MONTREAL, QUEBEC--(Marketwired - Sept. 28, 2016) - Department of Canadian Heritage
Fayçal El-Khoury, Member of Parliament (Laval-Les Îles), today confirmed $45,000 in funding for the 2016 Arab World
Festival of Montréal (FMA). He made this announcement on behalf of the Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage The Government of Canada is providing this support through the Canada Arts Presentation Fund.
"The Government of Canada is proud to support the presentation of this year's Arab World Festival of Montréal. Events like this are essential in strengthening the bonds between Canadians of all backgrounds and ensuring the vitality of our cultural scene."
-The Honourable Mélanie Joly, Minister of Canadian Heritage
"The arts promote social cohesion; they are something that all human beings and all ethnic communities share. I am delighted that our government supports events like the Arab World Festival, which offers us an entertaining lineup that reflects Montréal's huge cultural diversity."
-Fayçal El-Khoury, Member of Parliament (Laval-Les Îles)
"With a wealth of artistic expertise, the FMA continues to show its willingness to let everyone express themselves, interact and grow through enriching cultural activities. It continues to instill a breath of fresh air and an uncommon dynamic into Quebec's cultural scene through a bold vision backed by actions adapted to the realities of a changing society, and all this with innovative and influential projects and events. The FMA today is a cornerstone for establishing a constructive, rich and unifying dialogue."
- Joseph Nakhlé, General Manager and Artistic Director of the Arab World Festival of Montréal
- The 2016 FMA will take place from October 28 to November 13 at various locations in downtown Montréal.
- Conceived and produced by Alchimies, Créations et Cultures, the FMA is an annual multidisciplinary event that aims to promote exchanges and encounters between Arab and Western cultures.
- The festival invites Montréal audiences to experience cinema, dance and music from the Arab world.
- The 2016 FMA will feature about a hundred artists from Quebec, other Canadian provinces, Europe and the Arab world.
Arab World Festival of Montréal
Canada Arts Presentation Fund
Follow us on Twitter, YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Flickr.