SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 15, 2014) - Armor5, creator of Zero-Touch Cloud Security, today announced that it has formed a partnership with SoftBank Telecom Corp. to provide enterprises with an on-demand service that delivers secure access to cloud services, enterprise applications and intranet resources to any device on any network. Through this partnership, SoftBank becomes the first telecom to offer its customers a 'last mile cloud security' solution.
"Armor5's cloud security service forms a key part of our strategy to expand our leadership in the information-communications business," said Yukinori Ishioka, Senior Vice President, SoftBank Telecom Corp. "With the Armor5 service, we can instantly deliver secure and compliant access to cloud services, enterprise applications, and content on any device, across any network. We look forward to introducing new user experiences with our new service in Japan through Armor5's superior secure virtual browser technology."
"Enterprises have started to rely more on cloud services, such as Google Apps, Box and Salesfore.com as part of conducting core business," said Suresh Balasubramanian, CEO of Armor5. "But this reliance has opened up new security, compliance and privacy exposures for companies. This new service moves the security function into the cloud, where user access can be governed by a rich set of policies provisioned on-demand, regardless of the app, network or device."
The Armor5-SoftBank Secure Mobile Cloud offers enterprises complete device diversity without forcing a trade-off between security and privacy or sacrificing the user experience. This unique cloud service:
- Delivers Last Mile Security - Instantly prevents data loss from any cloud service by providing a highly secure on-demand cloud security layer which leaves zero data on the device and eliminates risk of data loss.
- Extends Policies to the Cloud - Easily enforce additional corporate policies (e.g. time fencing, geo fencing) on top of popular cloud services like Google Apps, Salesforce.com, Workday etc.
- Aggregates Cross-Cloud Analytics - Presents a comprehensive view into cloud service usage across multiple public and private cloud services including individual session duration, most frequently used services etc.
- Protects Employee Privacy - The service is only 'on' when users access corporate apps and data, relieving enterprises of privacy exposure during personal use. Corporations can also avoid privacy breaches resulting from remote wipes, which are unnecessary with Armor5 since data is not resident or cached on the device.
- Preserves the User Experience - Works with any internet-enabled device using a standard browser, without installs or configuration changes on the device or enterprise DMZ, while operating at a zero performance deficit.
How it Works
The Armor5-SoftBank service achieves high-velocity on-demand security by virtualizing the user's experience and placing the security function in the cloud, where it is isolated from the device and the network. Since the policy controls to cloud services and enterprise resources are contained in the cloud, they can be seamlessly extended to enforce access to any cloud service from any device, any network.
The Armor5-SoftBank service lets users choose whether an online session is work-related or not. Non work-related activity is not tracked or monitored by the company and therefore the business is not responsible for the user's actions. But when a user accesses cloud services, enterprise applications, data or content, the online session is tracked and logged by the IT department.
About SoftBank Telecom Corp.
Since its foundation in 1984, SoftBank Telecom Corp. delivers voice and data transmission services for businesses and provides comprehensive mobile Internet environment, and has earned a proven and trusted presence in the ICT market, with a synergy effect brought by the four SoftBank group telecom companies. Addressing to solve a variety of business challenges, we deliver the outside-of-box ICT services with our cloud computing service, White Cloud, helping for corporate users to optimize their IT investments and assets. For more information, visit http://www.softbank.jp/corp/group/sbtm/
Armor5, creator of Zero Touch Cloud Security, has developed an on-demand cloud service that gives users instant access to cloud services, corporate apps, data and content on any device, while simultaneously protecting enterprises against data loss, privacy and compliance liabilities. The Armor5 Zero Touch approach requires zero installs or configuration, operates with a zero performance deficit, and leaves zero data on mobile devices -- completely eliminating the risk of data loss. Founded in 2011 by former executives from Adobe, Motorola and Yahoo, the company is privately held with patent-pending technology and investment from Trinity Ventures, Nexus Venture Partners and Citrix Startup Accelerator. For more information, visit www.Armor5.com or follow @armor5Inc.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.