SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Oct 25, 2012) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- ARTstor, a non-profit that makes available a digital image library for teaching, research and study, as well as a software platform and tools to help manage and share images, has implemented Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliances. The Oracle hardware will help support a library of more than 1.5 million images used by over 1,450 organizations in 42 countries worldwide.
- ARTstor sought a highly expandable, redundant storage platform that would enable consolidation and support a rapidly expanding library of digital images across three data centers.
- Additionally, with the development of its Shared Shelf image management software, ARTstor needed a storage solution with the ability to support additional data ingestion averaging one terabyte per month.
- After an evaluation of data storage vendors, ARTstor chose the Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliances for their capacity, scalability and functionality, in addition to cost savings and ease-of-management.
- As ARTstor's library continues to grow at a rate of nearly one terabyte per month, ARTStor estimates that the Sun ZFS Storage Appliances will enable them to accommodate 10x more images over the next three years than their previous storage solution.
- ARTstor plans to leverage the automated site-to-site replication features of Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliances for disaster recovery, which will help ARTstor eliminate days of manual data copy labor per month.
- In addition, the best-in-class hardware architecture of the Oracle storage solution will enable ARTstor to meet its critical storage needs as its business expands, due to better storage consolidation and enhanced performance.
- "Educational institutions in the US and across 42 countries worldwide rely on our digital library and software tools to facilitate their teaching and research, and with our ever-increasing requirements for visual content from educators and researchers, we needed a reliable, expandable solution that would accommodate future growth," said Riadh Amari, director of Database and Systems, ARTstor. "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage 7420 Appliances offer a unique combination of performance, features, and ease of expandability that are unequaled at this price point."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.