SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - August 02, 2016) - Arxan Technologies, the trusted provider of application attack prevention and self-protection solutions, announced it has closed the first half of 2016 with record-breaking corporate growth, strong industry recognition and product innovation. Fueled by rapid Internet of Things (IoT) and mobile application adoption, and a need for proactive security against new attacks, today Arxan is protecting applications on over 500 million devices around the world.
According to Gartner, "Applications, not the infrastructure, represent the main attack vector for data exfiltration. As organizations lose more control over their infrastructure with trends like mobility and cloud, applications become one of the last control points for imposing the organization's security policy."(1) Arxan's patented guarding technology defends, detects and deters attacks by stopping, alerting or repairing detected attacks at rest, transit, and run-time. Arxan software protects applications on mobile devices, desktops, servers, and embedded platforms, including those connected as part of the IoT, in various key sectors such as mobile banking, mobile payments, connected cars, connected medical devices, gaming, and digital media.
"2016 is off to an extraordinary start, but this is just the beginning," said Joe Sander, CEO of Arxan Technologies. "Our rapid growth and industry recognition underscores the market need for comprehensive application security at the binary level to ensure resilience and prevent hacker attacks in real-time. We're looking forward to building on this momentum as we continue to drive innovation."
First Half of 2016 Corporate Milestones
- Grew sales 400 percent in mobile banking industry and 300 percent in mobile payments over first half of 2015.
- Added twice as many new customers in the first half of 2016 as the comparable period in 2015.
- Large deals secured with customers in the connected medical device space, and robust pipeline development for connected automobiles.
- Maintained dominance in digital media and gaming industries, including the acquisition of new, large customers.
- Rounded out executive team with seasoned security and IoT executives, including Mandeep Khera, Chief Marketing Officer, and James Love, Senior VP of Worldwide Sales.
Product Innovation and Research
- Released 5th Annual State of Application Security Report, which examined the security perspectives of consumers and app security professionals.
- Added several new product features, including new support for QNX, Swift, SHA-3, and enhanced coverage of Android N, iOS 10, Emulator Detection Guard, Shamir Secret Sharing Scheme, and JNI Authentication Guard.
- 2016 CDM INFOSEC Winner for Best Product - IoT Application Protection
- 2016 Info Security Products Guide Winner for Security Products and Solutions for Healthcare
- 2016 Info Security Products Guide Winner for API (Application Programming Interface) Management and Security
- 2016 Cybersecurity Excellence Award Winner for Internet of Things (IoT) Security
In addition, Arxan has been listed as a Sample Vendor in Gartner's July 2016 "Hype Cycle for Application Security, 2016" and "Hype Cycle for Mobile Security Reports, 2016".
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About Arxan Technologies
Arxan is the trusted global leader of Application Attack Prevention and Self-Protection products for Internet of Things (IoT), Mobile, Desktop, and other applications. We help protect our customers against financial loss, brand damage, fraud, IP theft, stolen credentials, fraudulent transactions, unauthorized access, non-compliance with regulatory and industry standards, and more. Our unique patented guarding technology 1) Defends applications against attacks, 2) Detects at run-time when an attack is being attempted, and 3) Deters attacks to stop hackers, send alerts, or repair making customers' applications truly resilient. We are currently protecting applications running on more than 500 million devices across a range of industries, including: financial services, automotive (connected automobiles), healthcare (connected medical devices), digital media, gaming, high tech/independent software vendors (ISVs), and others. The company's headquarters and engineering operations are based in the United States with global offices in EMEA and APAC. Learn more at www.arxan.com.
(1)Gartner "Hype Cycle for Application Security, 2016-". 26 Jul. 2016 https://www.gartner.com/doc/3376617/hype-cycle-application-security