SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - November 28, 2016) - Asia Society Northern California will present the inaugural West Coast Diversity Leadership Forum on Tuesday, December 6. The event will be held at Zendesk in San Francisco, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. PT, to be followed by a reception.
The day-long conference will explore how employers can create a favorable working experience and executive pipelines for Asian Pacific Americans (APAs) through the lens of California's unique demographic, cultural, and business strengths and challenges. The forum is the West Coast edition of the Diversity Leadership Forum, held annually in New York since 2009.
Featured speakers include:
- Annabel Chang, Director of Public Policy, Lyft
- Eugene Kelly, Vice President, Global Diversity & Inclusion, Colgate-Palmolive Company
- Shie Lundberg, Director, Consumer Care, Google
- Steven Ma, California Commission on Asian and Pacific Islander American Affairs
- Anna Mok, Partner, Deloitte
- Vipul Sheth, Vice President, Corporate Quality, Medtronic
- Frank Wu, Chair, Committee of 100
- Shariq Yosufzai, Vice President for Global Diversity, Chevron
Panel discussions include:
- Advancing Asian Pacific American Diverse Talent
- Making BRGs and ERGs Work
- Asian Leaders Driving Business & Politics
- Developing the Next Generation of Asian Leaders
The West Coast Diversity Leadership Forum is sponsored by Wells Fargo, Chevron, and Zendesk. The forum is presented in partnership with Ascend, and supported by the Committee of 100 and LEAP.
About Asia Society
Asia Society is the leading educational organization dedicated to promoting mutual understanding and strengthening partnerships among peoples, leaders, and institutions of Asia and the United States in a global context. Across the fields of arts, business, culture, education, and policy, the Society provides insight, generates ideas, and promotes collaboration to address present challenges and create a shared future. Founded in 1956 by John D. Rockefeller 3rd, Asia Society is a nonpartisan, nonprofit institution with major cultural centers in New York, Hong Kong, and Houston, and offices in Los Angeles, Manila, Mumbai, San Francisco, Seoul, Shanghai, Sydney, Washington, DC, and Zurich.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/11/28/11G123450/Images/CAROUSEL_-_resized_West_Coast_DLF_0-b33ccbf3a6239cbea36655b8ebce8736.jpg