CALGARY, ALBERTA--(Marketwired - Aug. 28, 2013) - ATCO Group today released its biennial Sustainability Report, which provides information about ATCO's commitments and management approach in four areas: Environment, Health & Safety, Employees and Communities.
"Whether we are providing essential utility services, delivering innovative modular construction or enabling the resource sector through our energy services, our businesses touch people's lives on a daily basis," said Nancy Southern, Chair, President & Chief Executive Officer, ATCO.
"Communities where our people work and live around the world trust us to operate safely and efficiently and to be a contributing community member. This report is a demonstration of the measures we take throughout our operations to earn trust and to support our communities and our people."
The report, which provides an overview for 2011-2012, highlights a number of initiatives in each of the four areas:
- New energy efficient operating centres - a new ATCO Gas Operations Centre opened in Airdrie in 2011; a new ATCO Electric Operations Centre opened in Lloydminster in 2012, and there are two more scheduled for 2013 in Okotoks and Jandakot, Australia.
- Safety performance and milestones - ATCO's lost-time injury rate has declined by more than 50 per cent since 2008 and ATCO Pipelines achieved zero lost-time injuries for more than 10 consecutive years.
- Employee programs - ATCO enhanced the Employee Share Purchase Program and the ATCO Flex health and dental programs to provide more options and flexibility for employees.
- Large scale public consultation - after extensive public consultation, the Eastern Alberta Transmission Line project is going forward, and public consultation was undertaken for ATCO
Pipelines' Urban Pipeline Replacement Project.
- Giving back generously - ATCO Employees Participating In Communities (EPIC) employee giving, together with the ATCO company match, set a new record of $3.4 million in 2012. ATCO employees volunteered more than 72,000 hours of their time during 2011-12.
The full report is available online by visiting http://www.atco.com/Our-Commitment/Sustainability/.
ATCO Group, with more than 9,400 employees and assets of approximately $15 billion, delivers service excellence and innovative business solutions worldwide with leading companies engaged in Structures & Logistics (manufacturing, logistics and noise abatement), Utilities (pipelines, natural gas and electricity transmission and distribution), Energy (power generation, natural gas gathering, processing, storage and liquids extraction) and Technologies (business systems solutions). More information can be found at www.atco.com.
Certain statements contained in this news release may constitute forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements are often, but not always, identified by the use of words such as "anticipate", "plan", "expect", "may", "will", "intend", "should", and similar expressions. These statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated in such forward-looking statements. The Corporation believes that the expectations reflected in the forward-looking statements are reasonable, but no assurance can be given that these expectations will prove to be correct and such forward-looking statements should not be unduly relied upon.
The Corporation's actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in these forward-looking statements as a result of regulatory decisions, competitive factors in the industries in which the Corporation operates, prevailing economic conditions, and other factors, many of which are beyond the control of the Corporation.
The forward-looking statements contained in this news release represent the Corporation's expectations as of the date hereof, and are subject to change after such date. The Corporation disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable securities regulations.