SAN FRANCISCO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 22, 2013) - Puppet Labs, the leading provider of IT automation software, kicks off its third annual user conference, PuppetConf 2013, today at The Fairmont San Francisco hotel. The sold-out event has attracted more than 1,300 on-site and 4,000 live streaming customers, community members and technology partners, doubling last year's attendance. IT operations thought leaders and practitioners from the world's most innovative companies will lead 80-plus sessions focusing on the topics of DevOps, cloud automation and continuous delivery.
With two action-packed days of keynotes, tracks, demos, trainings and hands-on labs, PuppetConf 2013 will help system administrators leverage Puppet Labs' technologies and partner solutions to deliver more business value -- and faster. A wide range of speakers from Puppet Labs' ecosystem, including Amazon Web Services (AWS), Bank of America, Cisco, ESPN, GitHub, Google, Juniper Networks, PayPal, Red Hat, salesforce.com, Spotify, Stanford University and VMware, will share how to use Puppet Labs' technologies to deliver more agile, more reliable and higher-scale IT infrastructure, whether physical, virtual or in the cloud.
"We're proud to offer a one-of-a-kind event that brings together a rich community of sysadmins, open source enthusiasts and Puppet Labs' partners," said Luke Kanies, CEO and founder of Puppet Labs. "What binds this gathering together is the desire to learn more from each other about the technologies and best practices that are enabling DevOps, cloud automation and continuous delivery."
Must-attend PuppetConf talks
- The Road to the White House with Puppet & AWS: Leo Zhadanovsky of Amazon Web Services will share how leading technologies from AWS and Puppet Labs contributed to the unprecedented success of the Obama campaign.
- Open Sourcing the Cloud: Brian Stevens, CTO and VP of Worldwide Engineering at Red Hat, will discuss how the company's "all-in" technology investments will help build Red Hat's agile infrastructure and platform clouds.
- Puppet Enterprise at Scale: Benjamin Irizarry, VP/Architect at Bank of America, will demonstrate how Puppet Enterprise automated the management of Bank of America's private infrastructure-as-a-service cloud.
For a full schedule of talks, visit the PuppetConf website.
New solutions to be showcased at PuppetConf
- Puppet Enterprise 3.1, coming in Q4 2013, will include a new reporting capability that allows sysadmins to quickly identify and remediate potential management problems.
- Puppet Forge, Puppet Labs' online repository of user-contributed modules, will include a first-ever public API to help users build tools to interact with 1,400-plus modules and publish modules more easily.
- VMware and Puppet Labs will reveal the latest developments of their strategic partnership and host a hands-on lab on automating on-demand applications running on VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™.
- New Geppetto IDE updates will make it easier for sysadmins to find and fix problems, reducing time-to-automation even further.
- The Puppet Labs Workshop delivers short, single-topic online courses that help customers ramp up on Puppet Labs' technologies.
Explosive ecosystem growth and customer adoption
This year's conference marks another 12 months of rapid growth for Puppet Labs and its partner and customer ecosystem, including:
- more than 9 million product downloads and 1.2 million Puppet module downloads from the Puppet Forge;
- new partnerships with strategic IT providers, including Cisco, Juniper Networks, Red Hat and VMware;
- a jump in registered users, now numbering 80,000 worldwide;
- #120 ranking on the 2013 Inc. 500 list of America's fastest-growing private companies;
- and Puppet Labs' technologies being used to automate infrastructure responsible for $500 million in electronic payments and $67 million in e-commerce -- every day.
About Puppet Labs
Puppet Labs, Inc. is the leader in IT automation. Puppet Labs' software provides system administrators the operational agility, efficiency and insight they need to proactively manage dynamic infrastructure, scaling from tens of servers to thousands, on-premise and in the cloud. Thousands of the world's leading organizations use Puppet Labs' software to configure and manage their IT infrastructure, including Citrix, eBay, NYSE, Cisco WebEx, salesforce.com, Bank of America and PayPal. Based in Portland, Oregon, Puppet Labs employs more than 180 people. The company is backed by investors Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, Google Ventures, VMware, Cisco, True Ventures, Radar Partners, and Emerson Street Partners. To learn more, please visit http://www.puppetlabs.com.
Puppet Labs and Puppet are trademarks of Puppet Labs Inc. All other company and product names mentioned are used only for identification purposes and may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.