HERNDON, VA--(Marketwired - Dec 3, 2013) -
- Audi achieves 35th consecutive month of record sales
- Audi A6, A7 and R8 sales jump in November
- Premium segment vehicles up 18% to constitute 43% of the overall Audi year-to-date sales gain
Audi established its fourth consecutive annual U.S. sales record a month early with the 13.3% year-to-date sales gain recorded through the end of November 2013. Through the first 11 months of this year, Audi has sold 141,048 vehicles in the U.S. market to eclipse the previous record of 139,310 vehicles sold throughout 2012.
For the month of November, Audi reported sales of 13,636 vehicles, a 13% increase over the previous November record set last year. November 2013 also stands as the brand's 35th consecutive month of record sales and the fourth best month ever for the Audi brand in the U.S.
"The story of the fourth consecutive Audi annual sales record in the U.S. is one of strength across our product lineup, authentic Audi brand development and a highly engaged dealer network," said Mark Del Rosso, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, Audi of America. "The cornerstones of this brand achievement all year have been sharply higher demand for the Audi Q5 and Q7 SUV models, as well as the premium sedans at the top of our range."
Through November, sales of the Audi A6, A7, A8 and Q7 made up one of every three models the brand sold. That compares to an 18% mix for the most exclusive models just four years ago.
Sales of the Audi A6 increased 32.5% to 2,112 vehicles sold for the month, while YTD sales increased 15.3% to 19,742 vehicles sold. Sales of the Audi A7 rose 25% in November to 816 vehicles sold.
November results were bolstered by sales of Audi luxury SUVs, with the Audi Q5 crossover posting a 31.5% gain in November with 3,582 units delivered for the month. Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 31.3% to 1,524 vehicles sold for the month. Year-to-date sales for the Audi Q5 increased 42% while YTD sales for the Audi Q7 increased 44%.
Audi R8 sales jumped 56% as customers responded to the updated 2014 models, including the Audi R8 V8, Audi R8 V10 and Audi R8 V10 plus.
November 2013 was the 4th consecutive record month for Audi Certified pre-owned vehicles sales with an increase of 27% for the month, and a year-to-date increase of 9.1%.
- Sales of Audi premium category vehicles (Audi A6, Audi A7, Audi A8, and Audi Q7) increased 18% YTD, representing 33% of total Audi sales year-to-date and 43% of the Audi year-to-date sales gain.
- Sales mix for Audi S performance variants finished the month at 17.6% for the S4 sedan; 36.6% for the S5/ RS 5; 6.2% for the S6; 27.7% for the S7 and RS 7; 16.3% for the S8; 29% for the TTS / TT RS and TTS Roadster, and 9.7% for the SQ5 crossover.
- Sales of Audi A6 increased 32.5% compared to November 2012; YTD sales grew 15.3% compared to previous period.
- Sales of Audi A7 increased 25% compared to November 2012.
- Sales of the Audi Q5 increased 31.5% compared to November 2012; YTD sales grew 42% compared to previous period.
- Sales of the Audi Q7 increased 31.3% compared to November 2012; YTD sales grew 44% compared to previous period.
- Audi R8 sales up 56% compared to November 2012.
- Sales mix for Audi A6 TDI finished the month at 12.5%, for the Audi A7 TDI at 11.3%, for the A8 TDI to 17.9%, the Audi Q5 TDI at 14.6%, and for the Audi Q7 TDI at 24.5%.
- Audi Certified pre-owned sales increased 27% to 3,612 vehicles in November; YTD increased 9.1% to 36,168 vehicles sold.
- The Audi A3 is being phased out in advance of the all-new A3 sedan arriving in the U.S. market next spring.
Audi of America, Inc. and its U.S. dealers offer a full line of German-engineered luxury vehicles. AUDI AG is among the most successful luxury automotive brands globally. Audi was a top-performing luxury brand in Europe during 2012, and broke all-time company sales records in the U.S. Through 2016, AUDI AG will invest about $17 billion on new products, facilities and technologies. Visit www.audiusa.com or www.audiusanews.com for more information regarding Audi vehicles and business topics.
|AUDI US SNAPSHOT
||Nov '13 Actual
||Nov '12 Actual
||Yr/Yr % change
||Nov '13 YTD Actual
||Nov '12 YTD Actual
||Yr/Yr % change
|Total Audi Sales
|Total CPO Sales
- 2012 A4 includes Audi A4 Avant, A4 sedan and S4 sedan, but does not include Audi allroad.
- 2012 A5 includes Audi A5 coupe, S5 coupe, RS 5 coupe, A5 Cabriolet and S5 Cabriolet models; 2013 includes RS 5 Cabriolet.
- 2012 A6 includes Audi A6 sedan and S6 sedan.
- 2012 A7 includes A7 sedan and S7 sedan.
- 2012 A8 includes Audi A8 sedan, A8 L sedan and S8 sedan models.
- TT includes Audi TT, TTS, TT RS coupe'; TT and TTS roadster models.
- R8 includes Audi R8 coupe and R8 Spyder models.