LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2014) - CES - OMG Life today announced at International CES 2014 three colorful new options for its Autographer®, the hands-free, intelligent, wearable camera. Users can now choose between cool new colors including aquamarine blue, emerald green, amber yellow along with the classic black. The intelligent camera, which uses sensor technology to automatically capture images hands-free, lets users including travelers, families and creative professionals live in the moment rather than behind a lens -- changing the way photographs are taken. OMG will be showcasing the new colors at CES at booth 71226 in the Venetian Ballroom.
Whether it's re-living your favorite family vacations, documenting your creative work, or capturing the view from the top of a volcano in Hawaii, Autographer captures "real life" images rather than "posed life." People can completely enjoy and experience the moment without having to pause to take photos -- top uses include:
- Travel - Whether it's hiking a mountain, sailing down a river, or taking a helicopter ride over a major city, Autographer allows users to enjoy their travel without worrying about capturing the perfect shot.
- Family - Experience each family moment without fumbling for a camera. Autographer lets users immerse themselves in family activities, taking pictures automatically to view later.
- Creative Professionals - Document the creative process without interrupting it. Capture behind-the-scenes moments at events or during photo shoots.
"We're excited to bring these new color options to CES for the first time," said Simon Randall, managing director of OMG Life. "In the short time we have been selling our product in the U.S., we've seen tremendous interest from retailers and end users alike. We're always amazed at the priceless images our customers are able to capture giving a new perspective. Offering these cool new color options gives users more choices in what they will use to capture their most precious moments."
With its 136-degree wide-angle lens, Autographer can take an average of up to 2,000 images per day depending on user-defined sensitivity settings. It can store up to 16,000 images; meaning up to 8 days of images could be captured before the 8GB storage limit is reached. Additionally, GPS functionality pinpoints Autographer's location, so users can see exactly where their photographs were taken. Autographer chooses the perfect time to take a picture, using its five on-board sensors to detect changes in light, motion, direction, color and temperature:
- Color Sensor: Autographer's "eye" perceives light and brightness, adjusting the image accordingly
- Temperature: a built-in thermometer measures ambient temperature
- Magnetometer: determines which direction the camera is facing
- PIR: a motion detector uses infrared light to sense moving objects
- Accelerometer: measures how quickly or slowly the Autographer is accelerating
Autographer comes with easy-to-use desktop software and a smartphone app, allowing users to view and edit photos, helping to construct a digital story of their day. The software and app also allow users to create quick and easy stop-frame videos and animated GIF images.
Autographer is available through the Autographer website at www.Autographer.com for $399, or from participating resellers including PhotoJoJo, Amazon, Firebox, UrbanDaddy, Red Dolphin, Argos, Monoco.jp, Grandst.com, Selfridges, Snow and Rock, and Interdiscount.
About Oxford Metrics Group
Autographer was developed by OMG Life, the consumer subsidiary of OMG plc (Oxford Metrics Group). The Oxford-based company has a rich heritage in cameras and is the world's largest supplier of precision motion-tracking systems for films, computer games and broadcast television productions, as well as engineering and life science industries. A developer of Academy Award®-winning motion capture technology, OMG has produced ground-breaking work in films such as 'Gravity', 'The Golden Compass', 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' and 'Tron: Legacy', as well as winning an Emmy Award for its camera-tracking system boujou. For more information go to www.omgplc.com. Autographer is a registered trademark of OMG plc. OMG plc acknowledges all trademarks.