LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwired - Mar 25, 2014) - Today Autographer®, the hands-free, intelligent, wearable camera, announced the pre-order availability of its Waterproof Kit that enables users to take the camera into wet environments including water skiing, swimming, sailing and more. Due to customer demand for expanded use-cases, the company partnered with Aquapac®, a pioneer in the production of waterproof casings, to develop a way to use the camera in wet environments without damage. With the Waterproof Kit Autographer users can now document their favorite underwater and rainy weather activities, keeping the wearable camera dry and firmly fixed to the body, and ensuring fantastic shots.
"Customers are continuing to find new ways to use Autographer during daily activities, so giving them the option to utilize the camera in wet environments was a natural and essential next step," said Simon Randall, managing director of Autographer. "Some consumers are happiest in the ocean, and they can now automatically capture all their favorite activities without worrying about missing the perfect moment or wearing a bulky case."
Autographer designed the Waterproof Kit in partnership with Aquapac, a company that pioneers in the production of waterproof casings for cameras, smartphones, and search and rescue services. Aquapac is a British company that was initially formed to create a waterproof pack that allowed windsurfers to listen to their music while out on the waves. With feedback from Autographer customers, the company worked with Autographer to create a patented waterproof pouch design without any bulky, hard plastic casings.
New use cases also include:
- Relaxing on a sail boat and enjoying the beautiful views
- Learning to water-ski
- Hiking in the rain
- Shooting underwater pictures of children playing in the pool
- Enjoying the water ride at the amusement park
- Fully Submersible - suitable for immersion for at least 30 minutes to a depth of 30ft/10m, the Kit is perfect for water sports and diving or snorkeling.
- LENZFLEX Lens - using an optically clear material that keeps the lens area free of water droplets, the Kit ensures the camera takes shots with clarity - no need to keep wiping water from the lens.
- New Ways to Secure the Camera - worn around the neck, or secured tightly around the chest or arms, the Kit makes the camera suitable for all types of activities. Whether upright or horizontal, users will have their hands free and the camera secured while still capturing their experience.
- Waterproof Kit includes:
1. Case - thermoplastic polyurethane with clear front and black back
2. Aquaclip - grey thermoplastic
3. Chest Strap - black polypropylene webbing and thermoplastic for buckles
4. Armband - black neoprene and Velcro
5. Cord - black polypropylene and thermoplastic slider and seal
The Waterproof Kit for Autographer is priced at $50 USD and is available for pre-order now at www.autographer.com.
About Oxford Metrics Group
Autographer was developed by OMG Life, the consumer subsidiary of OMG plc (Oxford Metrics Group). The Oxford-based company has a rich heritage in cameras and is the world's largest supplier of precision motion-tracking systems for films, computer games and broadcast television productions, as well as engineering and life science industries. A developer of Academy Award®-winning motion capture technology, OMG has produced ground-breaking work in films such as 'Gravity,' 'The Golden Compass,' 'Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince' and 'Tron: Legacy,' as well as winning an Emmy Award for its camera-tracking system boujou. For more information, go to www.omgplc.com. Autographer is a registered trademark of OMG plc. OMG plc acknowledges all trademarks.