LOS ALTOS, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 8, 2014) - Avaamo, a company created by Ram Menon and Sriram Chakravarthy, former executives from TIBCO, announced a $6.3 million seed financing round and launch of the Avaamo mobile messaging app, available on Google Play today, and in the Apple Store next week.
Avaamo is a secure mobile messaging app designed specifically for the mobile workforce. It combines a delightful user experience with security, data protection and administration features required by enterprises.
WI Harper Group led this $6.3 million seed round. Additional investors include Rembrandt Ventures Partners, Streamlined Ventures, Eleven Two Capital and Ovo Fund.
"The smartphone is rapidly redefining ad hoc workplace communications," said Ram Menon, Founder and CEO of Avaamo. "Legacy enterprise communication tools have failed to keep up with a mobile-first world where requirements are being redefined by ease of use, form factor, bandwidth and battery life. Avaamo's mission is to deliver a messaging platform that improves the productivity of today's mobile workforce and at the same time addresses enterprise needs around scale, security, reliability and governance."
"Avaamo is led by founders with decades of enterprise software experience," said Peter Liu, Founder and Chairman of WI Harper. "We believe Avaamo's founders have an outstanding track record of execution and deep understanding of needs of global enterprises. We are impressed with their clarity of vision and their ability to put together a world class enterprise software team to pursue this opportunity."
The Avaamo experience is:
- Instantaneous: It's fast, very fast. All messages are delivered with a sub-second latency anywhere in the world. Guaranteed.
- Private and secure: All messages are encrypted. The off the record mode offers additional security. It combines enterprise class encryption with the option to make messages ephemeral and disappear after a defined time period.
- Organized with relationships in mind: Your company contacts are stored in a separate secure tab, ensuring that you keep work-related individuals entirely separate from personal.
- Open beyond the App: Business communication often happens with people outside of your organization. Avaamo is the first business messaging application that lets you have secure bi-directional messaging inside and outside your company.
- Integrated via open API: The API allow integrations with business applications to route important notifications to the user.
- Expressive: Avaamo lets you inject personality into conversations with unique business-related emoticons.
- Enterprise Ready: For enterprise admins, an admin console offers granular control on users, data, security and access.
Avaamo's mission is to reinvent the way we communicate at work in today's mobile first world. The Avaamo app combines a delightful user experience with enterprise class security, data protection and administration features. Avaamo has offices in Los Altos, California and Bangalore, India. The company is backed by investors from Silicon Valley, China and Japan. For more information about Avaamo, visit www.avaamo.com