GENEVA, SWITZERLAND and PARIS, FRANCE and WASHINGTON, DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA--(Marketwired - April 3, 2014) - Jahia, leading open source vendor today announced the GA availability of its new platform Jahia 7, introducing powerful Distributed Development features, Private App Stores to re-use and distribute components securely with a new OSGi integration to enable the Digital Industrialization era.
The Digital Industrialization: it's about time to turn digital projects into long-term investments!
Jahia 7 unleashes the Digital Industrialization vision that will allow Enterprises to deliver their digital projects faster and will give them the opportunity to re-use components or features developed for a given project into the next, thus reducing the TCO, project after project.
Jahia 7- at last - puts an end to the Tunnel Effect that is responsible for so many projects failures: both IT and business teams can now work together in short iterative cycles that allow them to validate and / or quickly edit the digital version of a business need. Projects are delivered faster and in a more secured way, which truly reduce time-to-market.
Jahia 7 brings major enhancements on its core content platform:
• Distributed development: Jahia Studio, the User Experience builder, is unique on the market and makes Jahia 7 far more powerful and productive than any other Java CMS.
-- Source repository integration: Developers can work as a team, remotely and simultaneously, directly on the integration server or on their desktop. All sources modifications are pushed to a repository to which the Studio is linked. Changes are versioned in the source repository and all changes can be tested on a single server to validate compatibility and to develop with agile methodologies at blazing speed.
-- Simplified and controlled code editing: developers have direct access to the sources of their modules. They can edit sources through an online interface and code wherever they are, even without an IDE installed locally . Direct editing of sources (scripts, classes, resource bundles, xml or properties files) allows to test changes on the fly.
-- And many more tools to truly help IT and business teams work together - More about the Jahia Studio
• Private App Store: this new Jahia software is installed by customers and/or partners on their enterprise environments and enables them to safely re-use developments delivered on one project to the next, from one environment to the next, either on premises or on the cloud. Jahia Private App store industrializes the distribution of developments with safe apps that will not put corporate assets and missions critical projects at risk. Jahia 7 secures the deployments by introducing a major technical improvement : leveraging OSGI, it is now possible to hot-deploy modules on servers without downtime or restart, even when they contain java classes - More about the new Jahia Private App Store software
From high end CMS to the first open source User Experience Platform, thanks to a new comprehensive product line-up:
• Jahia Digital Factory (formerly know as Jahia xCM): Leading open source CMS that gives power and autonomy to digital workers.
Available for download here
More info on Digital Factory
• Jahia Workspace Factory (formerly know as Jahia Wise): the document sharing solution that delights marketing teams. Its a hybrid application featuring Document sharing, collaboration and social communities.
Available for testing here
More info on Workspace Factory
• Jahia Portal Factory: is the best way to unite content and business applications together - whether they are internal or external data and apps.
Availability: in the next coming weeks
More info on Portal Factory
• Jahia eCommerce Factory is the solution e-merchants were dreaming of. Tying together the content management and portal features from Digital Factory and Portal Factory, eCommerce Factory embeds Mogobiz the open source ecommerce framework from Jahia's strategic partner eBizNext.
Availability: in the next coming weeks
More info on eCommerce Factory
A Guaranteed Update Policy - an industrialized upgrade
While developing Jahia 7, Jahia kept in mind that all its customers should be able to protect their existing investments on its technology. This is why all existing project based on Jahia 6.5+ will benefit from a guaranteed update policy: a secured Upgrade Tool will deliver the update in no time. Jahia guarantees the update and would actually do it at no charge for those of it customers experiencing issues.
A series of discovery and dive-in webinars to see Jahia 7 in action
• April 22nd - Developers: Getting started on Jahia 7
• April 24th - Jahia 7: a Functional Overview
• April 29th - Developers: Dive deeper into the new Jahia 7 Studio features
• May 6th - Developers & system administrators: Jahia 7 Studio and the Digital Industrialization
Rooted in Open Source CMS, Jahia's Digital Industrialization paradigm is about streamlining Enterprise digital projects across channels to truly control time-to-market and TCO, project after project.
Putting an end to "the Tunnel effect", the new Jahia Studio enables IT and marketing teams to collaboratively and iteratively build cutting-edge online business solutions. These, in turn, are securely and easily deployed as modules and apps, reusable across any digital projects, thanks to the new Jahia Private App Stores.
Each solution provided by Jahia stems from this overarching vision: Digital Factory, Workspace Factory, Portal Factory and eCommerce Factory.
Founded in 2002 and headquartered in Geneva, Switzerland, Jahia Solutions Group has its North American headquarters in Washington DC, with offices in Chicago, Toronto and throughout Europe. Jahia counts hundreds of global brands and governmental organizations among its loyal customers, in more than 20 countries across the globe. For more information, please visit www.jahia.com.