SOURCE: Avatier Corporation
SAN RAMON, CA--(Marketwire - Dec 12, 2012) - Avatier Corp., a leading identity and access risk management solutions provider, today introduced Group Enforcer as part of its Identity and Access Management (AIMS) suite. The latest addition addresses cyber security group management risk by ensuring groups and distribution lists are automatically updated. With Group Enforcer, organizations have a critical group management software element in place for a strong overall identity and access governance initiative.
For today's organizations, one employee with the wrong set of access controls can pose a serious threat, including lost revenue and damaged customer relationships and brand. Avatier's innovative answer to this threat is Group Enforcer, a rule based group management solution. By applying business rules to HR or Directory attributes, IT cyber security threats are eliminated, because group membership and distribution lists are automatically updated on a scheduled basis, so new members are added, and outdated or unauthorized members are removed as often as you like -- ensuring unrivaled group risk management.
Group Enforcer offers several unique features:
- Data-driven group membership - Group members receive appropriate access to applications or email distribution lists based on their job title, department, location or any other available attribute.
- Active Directory group management - Automatic group management with Group Enforcer is based on business changes made to source systems' employee attributes and end-user account property values found in directories like Microsoft Active Directory, and Web-service feeds.
- Rule based group management engine - Group membership is based on defined data points. A wizard-driven rules engine leverages business data and rule exceptions to drive automated group membership.
- Automatic group management software rule tests - Users may view identity matches from the target and source prior to placing the rule into production. This includes missing, removed and new members.
- Group management software scheduler - Group Enforcer's powerful scheduling engine allows the user to define when rules will be automatically executed according to the user's frequency and time stipulations.
- Automatic group management software alerts - Automated alerts continuously monitor group integrity and detect potential security exceptions as they happen.
- IT cyber security risk reports and audit controls - Reports detail who was added or removed in a group, and who remained, after each business change and rule application.
- Rule based group management exception handling - With group membership exception handling, users may statically add members to groups even if they do not meet the rule criteria.
"Group risk is a very real threat to the integrity of every organization today, and requires an innovative solution as part of a bulletproof access governance initiative to ensure complete security," said Nelson Cicchitto, chairman and CEO of Avatier. "Group Enforcer fulfills this need, solving group risk management issues and delivering optimal control over security in any organization."
Pricing and Availability
Group Enforcer will be generally available immediately, and starts at $20 a user. For more information, please visit www.avatiercorp.com.
Avatier is the most innovative identity and access risk management solutions company in the world. The company invented the world's first business service catalog in the form of an IT Store with automatic workflow, and its award-winning products are deployed worldwide across 16 vertical markets and hundreds of organizations with millions of managed user identities. The company's Identity and Access Risk Management (ARM) suite incorporates products for user provisioning, password management, compliance governance and risk intelligence. All solutions represent the quickest time to value and the best operational efficiencies in the industry because of their innovative use of graphical configuration versus complex coding and scripting. Avatier is based in San Ramon, Calif., and is privately held. For more information on Avatier Corporation, go to http://www.avatier.com or call 800-609-8610.