SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - October 17, 2016) - Avaya today announced a new platform for business communications that fulfills the long-sought promise of unified communications. Avaya Equinox delivers streamlined, mobile-first communications within the applications and browsers employees "live in" for their work. Customizable through the Avaya Breeze™ Client SDK by vertical industry or worker requirements, Avaya Equinox is supported on desktop or mobile devices, and available out-of-the box on the elegant, all-glass Avaya Vantage device.
By consolidating various applications and interfaces into one experience, Avaya Equinox liberates employees and IT departments from disjointed communications that hinder productivity and increase stress. The multitude of real-time and non-real-time communications methods used by workers typically requires a disruptive two- to three-step process of leaving a business application to communicate.
Read the blog: 1-Click Collaboration - A Promise Fulfilled
While the vision of UC was to merge methods and simplify access, vendors today still struggle to fully merge all the communication application infrastructure and cloud-based services into a single platform that offers the simplified user experience of Avaya Equinox. Key elements of Avaya Equinox include:
- Mobile First Experience, Action Oriented Workflow for Immediate Response - Workers can quickly see all scheduled meetings, messaging updates, and communications history in one place and take immediate action with a single touch. Optimized to the device -- mobile, tablet, desktop, browser and Avaya Vantage -- the experience maintains mobile simplicity while embracing the benefits inherent in a wide range of devices.
- Skip the Download: Collaborate from a Browser - Avaya Equinox enables robust collaboration from within HTML5 browsers with no downloads or plugins needed, thanks to WebRTC technology. This best- in- class browser experience with full collaboration capabilities eliminates migration challenges for organizations in the process of transitioning desktop business applications to the web and/or shifting applications to the cloud.
- Drive Performance and Differentiate with Smart Digital Solutions - Embed Avaya Equinox communication and collaboration capabilities within business processes or context, or into any business application to create and integrate unique solutions for vertical needs and competitive differentiation. Extend and accelerate smart digital solution creation with the single solution-wide Avaya Breeze™ Client SDK, workflow automation and Avaya Snapp Store ecosystem. Avaya Vantage runs Equinox right out of the box, but is also infinitely customizable through the Client SDK.
- Simply Access True Enterprise Class HD Video and Voice Anywhere, Anytime - Provides reliable, secure, high-quality HD voice and video for communication anywhere on any device, with easy, remote access including VPN-less connectivity. One number reach for all devices accelerates enterprise workflows and deployments; workers even can simultaneously use multiple devices.
- Message with Continuity and Always-On Effectiveness - Persistent, multimedia messaging for text, audio, video, images and files allows employees to access and send team messages in real time -- or anytime. A conversation initiated on the desktop in the morning can be picked back up on the mobile device at lunchtime, for example. Workers can even message those who are offline for more efficient team interaction. One click from the messaging function escalates the session to a call or conference.
- Reduce the Complexity and Expense of Multiple 'UC' Solutions - Avaya Equinox provides a single platform that supports all the different modes of conferencing. High scale audio conferencing, extensive web collaboration, rich multi-vendor HD video, even event streaming to 100,000 users in an all-in-one software solution. Users have one login and one easy solution to learn, and IT has one solution to support with one set of statistics, single provisioning, and a smaller footprint with higher efficiency and lower costs.
Avaya Equinox is generally available globally this calendar quarter, with the advance conferencing capability coming in the first quarter of 2017. The platform is sold on a per-user, suite licensing basis with subscription or perpetual pricing models, along with a traditional concurrent user pricing option for conferencing.
"The vision for unified communications has always been a streamlined, user and IT-friendly experience that enables work to proceed without disruption. Integrating the wide variety of forms and methods of communication into a single flow has been an unmet challenge -- until now. Avaya Equinox has conquered that challenge for the good of end users, IT departments and businesses worldwide, delivered by a company with the vision, focus and expertise to define the future of UC."
Gary E. Barnett, SVP and GM, Avaya Engagement Solutions
"As North America's first fully digital hospital, Humber River Hospital continually seeks to enhance patient care and provide positive outcomes. Enabling physicians, nurses and caregivers with real-time secure messaging and communication is one way we can move the needle in that direction. We're excited to be live on the beta of Avaya Equinox as it seamlessly integrates with our tailored workflows, allowing us to revolutionize and transform healthcare."
Kevin Fernandes, Chief Technology Officer, Humber River Hospital
"With Avaya Breeze, it's easy to embed and orchestrate communication flows within Arrow's Internet of Things software platform, Arrow Connect. Avaya Aura and Avaya Equinox enable us to create solutions that connect people together with context from IoT applications and drive higher business performance across a number of industries such as healthcare, manufacturing, Smart Cities and retail."
Dr. Jeff Reed, Chief Technology Officer, Arrow Electronics Systems Integration
"The continuing dislocation of the workplace demands solutions that are inherently mobile, secure and accessible from virtually any device. Avaya Equinox delivers on this and more with a total communications solution that can be embedded in browsers and business applications. The Avaya Breeze Client SDK is not your everyday API - you have all the tools you need in a single solution that can be customized by vertical industry and workgroup needs, just what UC was intended to be."
Rich Costello, Senior Research Analyst for Unified Communications and Collaboration program, IDC
Video: A First Look at Avaya Equinox
Infographic: 5 Ways to Get Work Done Faster
Avaya enables the mission critical, real-time communication applications of the world's most important operations. As the global leader in delivering superior communications experiences, Avaya provides the most complete portfolio of software and services for contact center and unified communications with integrated, secure networking -- offered on premises, in the cloud, or a hybrid. Today's digital world requires some form of communications enablement, and no other company is better positioned to do this than Avaya. For more information, please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release may be forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these are reasonable, such forward looking statements involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results to differ materially from any future results expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements.
All trademarks identified by ®, TM, or SM are registered marks, trademarks, and service marks, respectively, of Avaya Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners
Follow Avaya on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/10/17/11G118231/Images/Vantage_DialPadShot_Angle-67330ca0313081ffb36948b448ecc43b.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2016/10/17/11G118231/Images/Equinox-banner-sans-text-1-8f5e9cc9fc15b7b8b624993a7609f7cb.jpg