SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Feb 24, 2014) -
- Collaboration technologies increase care team productivity and support cost control
- Customer experience solutions improve patient outreach and personalized delivery while providing greater efficiency for the business with contact centers
- Advanced networking solutions address security concerns by protecting data while keeping it accessible
Avaya, a global provider of communications and collaboration solutions and services, is helping healthcare organizations enhance the patient, provider and payer experiences and advance their business through technologies that improve care team collaboration, patient outreach and service delivery. Avaya solutions that enable telemedicine, remote consultation and virtual healthcare have helped improve patient outcomes, increased care team productivity, and allowed greater cost control -- all while addressing security concerns for protecting data while keeping it accessible.
At Maccabi Healthcare Services, one of Israel's largest healthcare providers, nurses conduct regular checkups with cardiac and other long-term care outpatients using desktop video conferencing units place in their home. The resulting care is highly personalized and effective, and means that these patients no longer need to travel to a hospital for routine monitoring -- increasing patient satisfaction and optimizing Maccabi's use of increasingly stretched resources.
A leader in collaboration and contact center technologies for healthcare, Avaya offers:
- Mobile Collaboration can extend the connected patient experience to the entire care team supports. Avaya Mobile Activity Assistant and Avaya one-X® Mobile help keep providers, patients, and caregivers connected -- anywhere, anytime, via smartphones and tablets -- for better, faster care coordination and increased patient engagement.
- Video Collaboration technologies enable telemedicine, linking small or isolated clinics with larger healthcare facilities where specialists are located. Doctors are also able to capture and share important imagery with colleagues regardless of location to help provide the necessary treatment in a time and cost effective manner. Avaya solutions such as Scopia Desktop help to facilitate home care, which is becoming more essential in today's environment as providers strive to minimize costs, and multiple video solutions play a critical role in advancing medical education.
- Healthcare Contact Center technologies such as Avaya proactive outreach reduce administrative resources for appointment reminders, improve collections to increase revenue and support ongoing patient care. Avaya can blend inbound and outbound communications in a seamless experience for applications such as nurse call.
- Improve security and protect data while still keeping information accessible. Compliance with HIPAA privacy regulations and PCI data security standards can be difficult. Avaya VENA Fabric Connect helps protect sensitive data with the flexibility to isolate network zones to segment guest Wi-Fi, medical devices, and payment systems.
Avaya provides communications, collaboration and networking solutions more than 5,500 healthcare institutions around the world, including seven out of 10 top hospitals. Over the past six years, the company has invested more than $2.5 billion in R&D on technologies that have helped transform business, including the healthcare industry and medical practices.
"The healthcare industry has long understood the value of technology to improve healthcare delivery, and is now one of the leading verticals incorporating communications and collaboration solutions to provide an end-to-end experience that is more accessible to a broader group of patients. Avaya's deep experience with the industry enables healthcare organizations to take advantage of communications and collaboration solutions with the privacy, compliance and security needed that deliver an holistic patient experience and improve the business."
Tara Mahoney, senior director, Avaya Professional Service Healthcare Consulting
Tags: Avaya, healthcare, contact center, customer experience management, collaboration, unified communications, telemedicine, medical education, HIMSS, healthcare IT, video conferencing
Avaya is a global provider of business collaboration and communications software and services, providing unified communications, contact centers, networking and related services to companies of all sizes around the world. For more information please visit www.avaya.com.
Certain statements contained in this press release are forward-looking statements. These statements may be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "anticipate," "believe," "continue," "could," "estimate," "expect," "intend," "may," "might," "plan," "potential," "predict," "should" or "will" or other similar terminology. We have based these forward-looking statements on our current expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections. While we believe these expectations, assumptions, estimates and projections are reasonable, such forward looking statements are only predictions and involve known and unknown risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond our control. These and other important factors may cause our actual results, performance or achievements to differ materially from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by these forward-looking statements. For a list and description of such risks and uncertainties, please refer to Avaya's filings with the SEC that are available at www.sec.gov. Avaya disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Follow Avaya on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn, Flickr, and the Avaya Connected Blog.