SOURCE: Oracle Corporation
REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 29, 2013) - Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Avero LLC, a leading provider of SaaS analytic applications and specialized services to the hospitality industry, has implemented Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System to support its rapidly growing business and accelerate its ability to deliver critical insights to its customers.
- Avero serves a broad range of customers in the hospitality industry spanning major restaurant groups, hotels, and casinos, including Union Square Hospitality Group, CRAVE Restaurants, and Romano's Macaroni Grill.
- Avero cited the Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System's patented Quality of Service (QoS) capability and support for Hybrid Columnar Compression as keys to its selection.
- Avero estimates it gained an immediate 40 percent improvement in its ETL and application performance with the addition of the Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System to its infrastructure, which includes Oracle Database, Oracle WebLogic Server and Sun servers running Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux.
- The Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System's QoS capability allows Avero to run both its production and pre-production staging environments on a single array without performance impacts by prioritizing I/O for its production applications.
- Using the Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System, Avero has been able to speed the delivery of its reporting and increase the granularity of the data available to its customers, capabilities its customers quickly noticed and complimented.
- Avero will use the Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System's support for Hybrid Columnar Compression to support more customers in its existing footprint by maximizing its storage efficiency with 10-50x compression for most datasets.
- As Avero's business grows, the Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System also provides the scalability to easily add capacity while maintaining performance and continuous data availability.
- Avero is further simplifying IT management and monitoring using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c to gain a single pane of glass view of its environment from applications to storage.
- "Avero's insights help customers outperform the competition, drive revenues, improve profitability and provide a superior guest experience," said Robert Barracca, director of Infrastructure Technologies, Avero LLC. "With Oracle's Pillar Axiom 600 Storage System, its QoS capabilities and support for Hybrid Columnar Compression, we're getting customers the data they need faster, while simplifying our IT environment and increasing storage efficiency."
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.