SOURCE: Aviva PLC
April 12, 2013 09:46 ET
LONDON--(Marketwired - Apr 12, 2013) -
12 April 2013
Completion of sale of stake in Malaysian joint venture
Aviva plc ("Aviva") announces the completion of the sale of its 49%
interest in CIMB Aviva Assurance Berhad and CIMB Aviva Takaful Berhad
(together "CIMB-Aviva") to Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada
("SLA"), a subsidiary of Sun Life Financial Inc. ("Sun Life"), for
GBP152 million. The completion of the transaction represents further
progress in the group's strategy to narrow its focus and concentrate on
businesses and markets where Aviva enjoys leadership positions and is
able to generate attractive returns with a high probability of success.
Andrew Reid +44 (0)20 7662 3131
Sarah Swailes +44 (0)7800 694859
Notes to editors:
* Aviva provides 43 million customers with insurance, savings and
* We are the UK's largest insurer and one of Europe's leading
providers of life and general insurance.
* We combine strong life insurance, general insurance and asset
management businesses under one powerful brand.
* We are committed to serving our customers well in order to build a
stronger, sustainable business, which makes a positive
contribution to society, and for which our people are proud to
* The Aviva media centre at www.aviva.com/mediaincludes images,
company and product information and a news release archive.
* For broadcast-standard video, please visit
* Follow us on twitter: www.twitter.com/avivaplc
This information is provided by RNS
The company news service from the London Stock Exchange
See all RSS Newsfeeds