MIAMI, FL--(Marketwired - Apr 25, 2013) - Avoya Travel®, an American Express Travel Representative and one of the leading travel companies in North America and beyond, today announced that 2012 was the best year in company history. The unmatched year was based on double-digit sales growth, millions in bonus savings and extra amenities provided to travelers, the growing number of new and repeat clients, and the increase of commission earnings by the Independent Agencies that are part of Avoya®.
"Avoya Travel offers extraordinary vacation experiences to travelers around the globe and our achievements show that our customers are happier than ever before," said Brad Anderson, Co-President of Avoya Travel. "At Avoya we strive to continuously innovate and perfect the experience for our customers, partners, and the travel professionals in our network of Independent Agencies, and we are confident that everyone will continue to benefit from Avoya's advancements and growth."
By focusing on offering travelers the best deals and service, Avoya (www.AvoyaTravel.com) had many innovative accomplishments in 2012 that contributed to the record levels of success. These achievements include:
- Pre-booking over 50,000 cruise staterooms to lock-in lower prices, bonus amenities, and hold the best inventory for Avoya to sell exclusively to its customers.
- Helping travelers save millions of dollars in additional savings and bonus amenities through the Avoya Advantage™ by launching the largest expansion ever to its Business Development team, which works with cruise lines and vacation companies to get the best prices and bonus offers exclusively for Avoya's customers.
- Expanding the Avoya Mastermind Program™, a personalized and small group approach to motivational business development that helps increase the success of Avoya's Independent Agency Network.
- Implementing new electronic and direct mail marketing campaigns to generate a record amount of sales through Avoya's award-winning Live Leads™ program.
- Brad and Van Anderson, co-presidents of Avoya Travel, were named the first inductees into the Cruise Line International Association's Hall of Fame as Cruise Sales Innovators.
- Being named Travel Agency of the Year by both Celebrity Cruises and Norwegian Cruise Line again, a distinction that sets Avoya apart from its competitors.
"Avoya Travel continues to innovate and is a frontrunner in the travel industry, so it is no surprise that their elite Network of Independent Agencies continues to achieve greater sales success each year," said Michael Bayley, President and Chief Executive Officer for Celebrity Cruises. "Celebrity is thrilled with the dedication Avoya and its Independent Agencies have in creating extraordinary vacation experiences for our mutual customers and travelers worldwide."
Avoya Travel (www.AvoyaTravel.com) has a long-standing reputation in the travel industry for being one of the top producing and most innovative travel companies worldwide. The company has been a part of the American Express Travel Representative Network for 25 years and has an elite network of independently owned and operated travel agencies.
Avoya Travel has received notable accolades, including being named 'Travel Agency of the Year', by Carnival Cruises, Royal Caribbean, Celebrity Cruises, American Express, Oceania Cruises, Norwegian Cruise Line, and Brendan Vacations. Avoya Travel has also been featured for its groundbreaking technology, innovative Live Leads program, and leadership in travel by top industry publications, including Agent @ Home, Travel Agent, Travel Pulse, Travel Weekly, TravelAge West, Vacation Agent, and more.
Travelers interested in booking their next vacation with Avoya Travel, should call 800-753-1463 or visit www.AvoyaTravel.com, or for customers located in Canada, call 866-935-4051 or visit ca.AvoyaTravel.com. Travel agency owners and professionals interested in growing their business should contact Avoya Travel at 800-521-2597 or visit www.JoinAvoya.com.
About Avoya Travel:
Avoya Travel® (www.AvoyaTravel.com) is one of the largest and most awarded travel companies in North America and beyond. As an American Express Travel Representative for 25 years, Avoya® is deeply committed to Integrity and Professionalism™, quality service, and success in every aspect of planning cruises and vacations. With hundreds of Independent Agencies in its Network, Avoya provides exclusive discounts, amenities, and first-class customer service to travelers worldwide.