FOUNTAIN INN, SC--(Marketwired - September 06, 2016) - AVX Corporation (NYSE: AVX), a leading manufacturer of passive components and interconnect solutions, will showcase its expansive portfolio of passive solutions for medical applications, deliver a technical presentation, and preview a new medical-grade MLCC series at this year's Medical Electronics Symposium, which will take place September 14 - 15 in Portland, Oregon.
An annual, international conference hosted by the Surface Mount Technology Association (SMTA), the International Electronics Manufacturing Initiative (iNEMI), and the Microelectronics Packaging and Test Engineering Council (MEPTEC), the Medical Electronics Symposium focuses on advancements in medical electronics technologies and medical and bioscience manufacturing.
At the event, AVX will preview the new MM Series medical-grade MLCCs recently developed for use in applications other than implantable/life support, including external heart monitors and vascular assistance equipment. Currently slated for market release in October of 2016, MM Series MLCCs will be supplied in 0402 to 2220 case sizes, rated for up to 500V, feature capacitance up to 22μF, and provide tight tolerances on Class I dielectric materials.
AVX will also showcase several of the advanced, medical-grade passive components featured in its new Medical Selector Guide, including:
- TBC Microchip HRC6000 medical-implantable-grade tantalum capacitors, which exhibit extremely low DC leakage and require significantly less voltage de-rating in medical implantable and life support applications;
- TAZ Series HRC6000 solid tantalum capacitors, which deliver the lowest DC leakage in a variety of implantable and life support devices;
- T4C Microchip HRC4000 solid tantalum capacitors, which provide high-reliability support for applications other than implantable/life support, and are the smallest medical tantalum capacitors available on the market;
- T4J Series HRC4000 tantalum SMD capacitors, which feature high reliability and extremely low DC leakage especially suited for applications other than implantable/life support;
- MQ Series MLCCs, which exhibit superior-reliability performance in electronic life-support applications, including pacemakers, implantable cardioverter-defibrillators, and neuromodulation devices;
- and Accu-P MP Series thin film chip capacitors, which exhibit low ESR and high Q for medical RF signal and power applications that require extremely high accuracy, such as embedded medical systems and implantable medical devices.
Additionally, AVX Assistant Quality and Reliability Manager, Brian Brunette, will contribute to the technical sessions by delivering a presentation entitled "Capacitor Selection for Medical Electronics," during Session 5, Track 1: Designs, Components, and Assembly for High-Density Medical Electronics Solutions, which will take place Wednesday, September 14, from 1:45pm - 2:15pm in the Old Library.
"We're excited about attending, exhibiting, and presenting at this year's Medical Electronics Symposium. We have been diligently working to expand our portfolio of medical-grade components to provide medical electronics engineers with a wider variety of the high-reliability, superior quality, and cutting-edge solutions that these applications demand," said Brian Brunette, assistant quality and reliability manager, AVX. "The Medical Electronics Symposium is a great opportunity to network with other professionals in the medical electronics industry, and I'm looking forward to contributing to the program by delivering the presentation I authored about capacitor selection for medical electronics."
For more information about AVX, please visit www.avx.com or stop by the AVX booth at the Medical Electronics Symposium, September 14 - 15, 2016 in Portland, Oregon. For more information about the Medical Electronics Symposium, please visit http://smta.org/medical/.
AVX Corporation is a leading international manufacturer and supplier of electronic passive components and interconnect solutions with 20 manufacturing and warehouse facilities in 11 countries around the world. AVX offers a broad range of devices including capacitors, resistors, filters, timing and circuit protection devices, and connectors. The company is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AVX).
A member of the Kyocera Group since 1990, AVX is also the only company authorized to supply Kyocera's electronic devices to the Americas and Europe. Established in 1959 and based in Kyoto, Japan, Kyocera Corporation is a leading international supplier of connectors, capacitors, ceramic resonators, surface acoustic wave (SAW) filters and duplexers, and crystal oscillators and timing devices.