SAN DIEGO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 18, 2013) - Awarepoint Corporation, the largest real-time location system (RTLS) corporation dedicated exclusively to healthcare, announced strong sales momentum and new technology innovations in the first quarter of 2013. Organizations continue to partner with Awarepoint to optimize clinical workflow and reduced operating costs, while improving patient flow, safety and satisfaction.
Awarepoint optimizes healthcare workflow by offering the industry's only cloud-based, RTLS solution including software, technology, and managed services. The company delivers non-intrusive, rapid-time-to-impact implementations that go-live in 30-60 days, with room- and bay-level accuracy and guaranteed interaction detection. Awarepoint provides the most elegant solution for addressing both the economic and technical requirements associated with delivering RTLS applications for use in dynamic, technologically and operationally challenging environments like hospitals.
New Clients and Installations
Awarepoint installed 4.1 million net new square feet of coverage across ten clinical sites and more than 14,500 newly deployed RTLS tags including:
- Care New England / Women & Infants Hospital (Providence, RI)
- Kaiser Permanente (seven sites)
- Monongahela Valley Hospital (Monongahela, PA)
- Nemours Children's Hospital (Orlando, FL)
In addition, the following clients renewed their commitment to Awarepoint with new contracts and the installation of new RTLS technology:
- Aurora St. Luke's Hospital (Milwaukee, WI)
- MedSTAR Georgetown University Hospital (Washington, DC)
- ProMedica Health System (two sites) (Toledo, OH)
- San Joaquin General Hospital (French Camp, CA)
- University of Toledo Medical Center (Toledo, OH)
Finally, recent new client contracts and renewals include:
- Baystate Health (Springfield, MA)
- Christiana Care Health System (Wilmington, DE)
- Emerson Hospital (Concord, MA)
- Good Samaritan Hospital of Los Angeles (CA)
- Kaiser Permanente (multiple sites)
- Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center (Biloxi, MS)
- Long Beach Memorial Hospital (CA)
- Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center (Los Angeles, CA)
- Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, MI)
- Tri-City Medical Center (Oceanside, CA)
- UHS Texoma Medical Center (Denison, TX)
"Awarepoint's ability to implement our integrated technology and software platform in only 45 to 60 days, combined with our workflow capabilities and deployment methodology is allowing our clients to achieve a return on investment of 300 to 700 percent," said Jay Deady, CEO of Awarepoint. "In the current climate of healthcare reform, we are proud to deliver solutions that help providers address the escalated cost reduction and capacity management pressures they face."
Awarepoint is also announcing the general availability of its new Bed and Bay Sensor. The device uses technology pioneered by Awarepoint to precisely track mobile equipment and patient and caregiver interactions in locations with tight-bed spacing, such as the emergency department, and pre- and post-anesthesia care. The new sensor detects discrete interactions between caregivers, patients and equipment -- such precision is important in interpreting activities and anticipating roadblocks in the patient's care plan, while supporting proactive communication to drive action.
Awarepoint delivers the healthcare industry's only cloud-based, Real-time Location System (RTLS) on a single platform of integrated software, technology, and managed services. By enabling predictive workflows to better manage assets, patients, and personnel across the enterprise, the aware360°Suite allows administrators and care providers to advance the quality, efficiency, experience, and economics of care. Dedicated exclusively to healthcare, Awarepoint's experience and reliable, proven solutions power the largest healthcare RTLS deployments in the world. For more information, visit www.awarepoint.com.