BOSTON, MA--(Marketwire - Nov 20, 2012) - Axceler, a pioneer in collaboration governance, administration and migration solutions, today announced the results of the first annual Golden Lifeguard Awards that honor the best enterprise applications of governance in SharePoint. The winners were unveiled at a gala event during the SharePoint Conference 2012 in Las Vegas and were presented their awards by former Baywatch star Pam Anderson.
The award honors individuals or a team that has conceived, developed and defined best practices around governance that resulted in a notable increase in security and compliance within their SharePoint environment.
The Golden Lifeguard Award Winners:
The judges applauded Flowserve's massive undertaking to build out a greenfield environment for over 10,000 distributed employees as well as its focus on using SharePoint to replace legacy systems and their dedication to building processes to prevent viral/unchecked proliferation of SharePoint sites.
Biogen Idec was praised for the development of a "SharePoint for Dummies" training program, partnerships with their business and IT teams and the focus on user adoption that resulted in a positive experience for end-users.
"I am pleased to congratulate the winners of the Golden Lifeguard Award who have demonstrated how best practices can ensure that relevant company policies, as well as audit and regulatory mandates, are consistently enforced in their SharePoint environments," said Michael Alden, CEO and President at Axceler. "I also want to thank our esteemed team of judges for their work on this award."
Judges for the Golden Lifeguard Award include the following SharePoint luminaries:
- Michal Pisarek: SharePoint MVP, Founder of Dynamic Owl Consulting in Vancouver, Canada. A boutique, progressive SharePoint consulting firm as well as SharePoint Analyst HQ Blog.
- Susan Hanley: SharePoint, Knowledge Management, Portals and Collaboration Consultant, author, and industry speaker.
- Ruven Gotz: Director, Collaboration at Avanade. SharePoint MVP, speaker and author.
- Veronique Palmer: Founder of Let's Collaborate, SharePoint MVP, SharePoint user adoption expert.
- David Rubinstein: An award-winning journalist and the editor-in-chief of SD Times and SharePoint Tech Report, and conference chairman of SPTechCon: The SharePoint Technology Conference.
- Sarah Haase: Collaboration & Search Engineer at Best Buy, speaker, and organizer of SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities.
- Owen Allen: Vice President of Solutions at Pingar, SharePoint expert, and community advocate.
- Ant Clay: Founder and CEO of Soulsailor Consulting, SharePoint business technology consultant.
Axceler is an expert in governance for collaboration in the social enterprise. ControlPoint, Axceler's award-winning SharePoint governance tool, won the Best of Connections Award, the Gold Editors' Best Award and the Bronze Community Choice Award in the SharePoint category from the readers and editors of Windows IT Pro. More than 2,700 organizations worldwide are using Axceler solutions to govern their SharePoint environments. Axceler is headquartered in Woburn, MA, USA, with offices in Redmond, Los Angeles, London and Sydney. For more information, visit http://www.axceler.com.
Axceler and Axceler ControlPoint are registered trademarks. All other trademarks, trade names, service marks, and logos referenced herein belong to their respective companies.