MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - May 28, 2014) - Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-service (RaaS), today announced an enhanced granular recovery offering for Microsoft Exchange. Its new granular Exchange recovery solution supports Exchange servers and clusters, and enables rapid search and recovery of email, mailboxes, calendars, contacts and other granular elements of Exchange. In addition, this new enhancement reduces the amount of space consumed by Exchange replication by as much as 50 percent over Axcient's current solution. Now organizations can have high availability for Exchange servers, database recovery and granular object-level recovery all from one, de-duplicated copy in the cloud. This enhanced functionality is included in Axcient "Business" packages and above.
- Currently, there are only a handful of vendors on the market that provide true MS Exchange granular recovery. Most vendors that provide this functionality, such as EMC, NetApp and others, OEM their technology from one of these vendors. With today's announcement, Axcient becomes one of only a few players in the world with the ability to deliver granular search and recovery for MS Exchange, and do so natively as part of its total RaaS solution.
- With this new solution, Axcient's embedded MS Exchange protection and recovery technology now rivals the leading providers that specialize in granular MS Exchange.
- Axcient is different from other vendors because it owns the technology behind the granular Exchange recovery solution, and it was built from the ground up. This results in a far more integrated and easier-to-use solution than cobbled-together legacy solutions. It also means customers benefit from granular recovery features at no extra charge, unlike other vendors that charge fees based on mailboxes or users. Axcient's commitment to building its platform from the ground up is resulting in faster and more impacting product releases than any other company in the market.
- With the new Axcient granular Exchange recovery solution, users can now recover point-in-time Exchange mailboxes, as well as individual objects such as messages, attachments, contacts and more -- all on a granular level. This means the fastest recovery time for Exchange of any RaaS solution. Recovery is supported to live Exchange servers or Exchange cluster configurations, such as Continuous Cluster Replication (CCR) and Database Access Group (DAG), as well as PST. No additional software licenses are required. Support is available for Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access, and recover data and applications by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization's entire business in the cloud, including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network, to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
- Axcient's enhanced granular recovery for Exchange is available immediately for new and existing customers at no additional cost. For more information on how to get started today, contact Axcient at www.axcient.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (800) 715-2339.
"With today's announcement, Axcient continues its commitment to provide the industry's most comprehensive Recovery-as-a-Service solution, protecting IT infrastructure across organizations of all sizes," said Todd Scallan, vice president of products at Axcient. "Now, companies leveraging MS Exchange have a solution they can rely on to provide not only high-availability and resiliency for Exchange, but also additional granularity and flexibility for rapidly recovering MS Exchange objects."
"The ability to use a windows explorer-like GUI and leaf through the tree structure of an edb database directly from a previous image backup of the system is priceless," said Joel Birch, NOC technician at Polar Systems and an Axcient partner. "Granular exchange recovery from an email all the way to server recovery is amazing."
Tweet this: .@Axcient brings enhanced Granular Exchange Recovery for #free with #Axcient for Exchange
Axcient's cloud platform eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today's always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click - all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.