MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 13, 2014) - Axcient, the leader in cloud-based Recovery-as-a-Service, today announced a new block-level replication protocol that delivers up to two times faster data protection for its customer base. This new technology optimizes the Axcient platform to increase data transfer speeds and improve reliability of both image-based and file-based data replication.
- Axcient is re-architecting the way companies protect, access and recover their data and applications, by delivering a solution that is easier and faster than any alternative in the market. Developed in the cloud, for the cloud, the Axcient platform goes beyond backup and mirrors an organization's entire business in the cloud including emails, files, applications, operating systems and all of the interconnected elements of a network to ensure that core business functions are never interrupted.
- Announced today, Axcient's new block-level replication protocol uses proprietary algorithms to intelligently identify data blocks that have been changed and speed up the transfer of modified data to the Axcient appliance, requiring less user intervention in the process.
- By efficiently detecting and capturing block level changes on both physical and virtual systems, Axcient creates a point-in-time copy of an organization's entire infrastructure in the cloud, without impacting primary system performance.
- Data transfer speed to the local Axcient appliance is now up to two times faster for large data sets with small incremental changes, which is the typical profile for applications such as Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server and other database applications. In addition, the new protocol for data transfer provides increased reliability of image-based and file-based data protection.
- The new block-level replication protocol is part of Axcient's vision to provide a comprehensive, single solution for data and application protection that minimizes costs, simplifies the user experience and delivers a product that requires minimal intervention.
- Available today, the new block-level replication protocol is shipped as part of the standard Axcient solution, at no additional fee.
"Axcient works to deliver product enhancements based on both customer and partner feedback, and the new block-level replication protocol is the result of these valued relationships," said Todd Scallan, vice president of products. "Our goal is to provide a product that users truly enjoy using, and deliver a lightning-fast and automated cloud platform that solves the $26.5 billion application downtime and data loss problem. With this latest innovation, we are making this happen."
Tweet this: .@Axcient optimizes cloud platform with Intelligent Replicator bringing faster data transfer and improved protection #AxcientWorks
Axcient is an entirely new type of cloud platform that eliminates data loss, keeps applications up and running, and makes sure that IT infrastructures never go down. Designed for today's always-on business, Axcient replaces legacy backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery software and hardware, and reduces the amount of expensive copy data in an organization by as much as 80 percent. By mirroring an entire business in the cloud, Axcient makes it simple to access and restore data from any device, failover IT systems, and virtualize your entire office with a click -- all from a single duplicated copy. Trusted by thousands of businesses to store and protect more than 10 billion files and applications, Axcient maximizes productivity, reduces cost, and eliminates risk. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, Calif.