FORT LAUDERDALE, FL--(Marketwire - Sep 18, 2012) - Baseball fans will have the opportunity of a lifetime to cruise with baseball legends representing leading teams such as the White Sox and Cubs, and other "Baseball Greats" on select 2012-2013 Caribbean sailings of MSC Poesia.
Former White Sox expected to participate are:
- Stan Bahnsen, 21-game winner;
- Ed Hermann, All-Star catcher who threw out 50 base stealers in 1972;
- Gary Peters, 1963 Rookie of the Year and All-Star pitcher with 2 ERA titles; and
- Wallace Johnson, former third base coach.
Former Cubs slated to sail are:
- Glen Beckert, All-Star and Gold Glove second baseman for 10 seasons;
- Clarence Jones, who went on to be Atlanta's hitting coach; and
- Randy Hundley, All-Star and Gold Glove catcher, who set numerous records and invented the hinged catcher's mitt and Fantasy Camps.
Special "Summer Sale" rates begin at $799 for the 10-night "Baseball Greats" cruise and $549 for 7-night cruises. Fares are per person, double occupancy; government fees and taxes are additional. Bookings must be made by Sept. 30 to receive "Summer Sale" rates.
Baseball players host hitting, fielding, base running, and strategy clinics. One of the most popular aspects is a free autograph session.
These Caribbean cruises sail roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale and feature the following itineraries (the lineup of participating players is subject to change):
- 10-night "Southern Caribbean Dream": San Juan, Puerto Rico; St. John's, Antigua; Fort-de-France, Martinique; Roseau, Dominica; Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Freeport, Bahamas. Jesse Barfield, Beckert, Bill Russell, Campbell, Bahnsen. Dec. 11, 2012
- 7-night Eastern Caribbean:
Feb. 9: Philipsburg; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Nassau, Bahamas. Ken Griffey Sr., Jim Fregosi, Bahnsen, Herrmann, Larry Parrish
Feb. 23: St. Maarten; Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas; Nassau. Tommy Davis, Cookie Rojas, Bahnsen, Jones, Marichal
March 9: Philipsburg; Charlotte Amalie; Nassau. Gorman Thomas, Peters, Bahnsen, Johnson, Rico Petrocelli
- 7-night "Colors of the Caribbean": St. John's; San Juan; Freeport. Hundley, Bahnsen, Jack Billingham, Ellis Valentine. April 6, 2013
MSC Poesia features 1,275 staterooms (80% oceanview). Guests enjoy 2 pools and 4 hot tubs, 13,000-square-foot Balinese-inspired exotic MSC Aurea Spa, and four restaurants, including a Sushi Bar themed restaurant.
Visit us at www.msccruisesusa.com, call 877-665-4655, or contact a local travel professional for more information.