SAN MATEO, CA--(Marketwired - Aug 4, 2016) - After a phenomenally successful rollout in the San Francisco Bay Area, a unique ride-and-care service for kids aged 5 and up called Zum has just begun serving families in Orange County. Not just a Lyft-style transportation aid, but a safe, reliable solution for work-life balance, Zum has already demonstrated how well it helps families cope with today's hectic, activity-focused lifestyle.
On a mission to assist working parents in the tough task of being successful both in their careers and at home, Zum was launched last January in a single Silicon Valley county, but the strong need and positive word-of-mouth helped the service quickly expand to all six Bay Area counties. It is currently the only on-demand ride-and-care service for children in Southern California and anywhere else.
At the heart of the Zum service is an exacting hiring and review process for what are called Zumers (caregiver/drivers). Vetted through Trustline, fingerprinting, personal interviews and references, these Zumers are typically teachers, coaches, nurses and others with track records working with kids. Nevertheless, parents always know the location of their kids in real time via a Zum smartphone app.
Zum offers flexible payment solutions and enables scheduling that lets parents set up rides in as little as a few hours in advance. Given its family-oriented neighborhoods and high number of working parents, OC is similar to the Bay Area, which is why the service expanded first to OC outside its home region. With Zum, parents have a trusted solution for taking their children to and from school, sports, lessons, appointments and anything else along with skilled care until parents arrive home.
"I started Zum because of how challenging it was to manage a demanding career and multiple family schedules," explained founder and CEO Ritu Narayan. "But busy parents also need to have trust and confidence when it comes to anyone who's in contact with their children. We've been successfully helping thousands of families already and we're delighted to extend our service to Orange County."
Zum provides busy families with:
1) 100% Reliability -- drivers show up every time and provide service with highest standards
2) 24 by 7 Support -- provided by a Family Assistant
3) Highly-vetted and certified pool of drivers -- assigned to a family to ensure consistency and continuity and vetted with Trustline, fingerprinting, personal interview and references
4) Flexible ride options -- including on-demand single rides, carpools, multi-stop rides and pre-scheduled rides (from few hours in advance to one year in advance)
5) Childcare services -- Zum makes care services available before, during and after the ride
6) Flexible payment schedules -- No subscription fees, no minimum commitment, pay-as-you-go with pricing based on length of ride or length of childcare service (carpools starting at $8, dedicated rides at $16)
Zum has already launched its service in Orange County. For more information, parents can download the Zum app for iOS, Android or visit the website. Qualified drivers can apply to drive for Zum by submitting their application here.