BCGold Corp.
TSX VENTURE : BCG

BCGold Corp.

August 20, 2007 08:30 ET

BCGold Corp. and Kaminak Commence Diamond Drill Program on Voigtberg Property, Northwestern B.C.

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Aug. 20, 2007) - BCGold Corp. ("BCGold" or "the Company")(TSX VENTURE:BCG) and project partner Kaminak Gold Corporation (TSX VENTURE:KAM) are pleased to announce that Phase II diamond drilling has commenced on the Voigtberg Au-Cu-Mo (Gold-Copper-Molybdenum) Property, situated 40 km east of the high-profile Galore Creek Cu-Au-Ag project in northwest British Columbia. The planned 800 metre drill program is designed to test new geophysical and geochemical targets and follow-up last year's significant "Gold Zone" drill hole intercept of 51.15 metres @ 1.03 g/t Au, including 18.17 metres @ 1.87 g/t Au. BCGold Corp. is the operator and is in the second year of an option to earn a 70% interest in the Voigtberg Property.

2007 Exploration Program

BCGold has committed to a two-phase, $500,000 exploration program at Voigtberg in 2007. Phase I has been completed and entailed a property-wide, 412 line kilometre airborne geophysical survey. Fugro Airborne Surveys Corp. conducted the survey utilizing their proprietary frequency domain electromagnetic "DIGHEM" and standard magnetometer systems. Data is currently being processed and results will provide additional focus for Phase II reconnaissance geological and geochemical surveys. The aforementioned Phase II exploration work will focus on mineral claims staked earlier this year by BCGold and Kaminak, extending the eastern margin of the Voigtberg Property.

Phase II exploration also includes a significant diamond drilling component. Three holes are planned to further define the Gold Zone and step out from drill hole VG06-05, which returned a near-surface intercept of 51.15 metres grading 1.03 g/t Au (see BCGold news release dated October 25th, 2006). The Gold Zone is believed to represent a gold-rich halo located on the periphery of a porphyry copper-molybdenum system. An additional two drill holes will target the un-tested North Zone coincidental copper-molybdenum soil geochemical and induced polarization chargeability anomaly. The North Zone is believed to represent the copper-molybdenum porphyry intrusive "core" of the Voigtberg mineralizing system.

Equity Engineering Ltd. of Vancouver, British Columbia has been contracted to oversee the technical aspects of the Voigtberg Project. Murray Jones, P.Geo. is the Qualified Person for the purposes of National Instrument 43-101 and has reviewed the technical content of this news release.

About the Joint Venture Agreement

BCGold has an option to acquire up to a 60% interest in the Voigtberg Property by making $2,000,000 in exploration expenditures over four years and by issuing 400,000 units of BCGold to Kaminak Gold Corporation. BCGold can earn an additional 10% interest in the Property by completing a bankable feasibility study, for a total earn-in of 70%.

About BCGold Corp.

BCGold Corp. (TSX VENTURE:BCG) is a Vancouver-based junior resource company focused on base and precious metal exploration in under-explored historic mining and exploration districts in British Columbia and Yukon. BCGold acquires and advances conceptual, early and mid-stage, quality exploration opportunities towards resource development utilizing internal expertise and by engaging preferred joint venture partners.

On behalf of the Board of Directors,

Brian P. Fowler, P. Geo., President & CEO

Some statements in this news release contain forward-looking information. These statements include, but are not limited to, statements with respect to future payments, expenditures and unit issuances and exploration, development and production activities. These statements address future events and conditions and, as such, involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors, which may cause the actual results, performance or achievements to be materially different from any future results, performance or achievements expressed or implied by the statements. Such factors include, among others, the timing of future payments, expenditures and unit issuances and the timing and success of future exploration, development and production activities.

The TSX Venture Exchange does not accept responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.

Contact Information