VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - July 3, 2012) - LOTTO MAX is making history! This Friday, July 6, the $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpot will be accompanied by 50 MAXMILLIONS draws of $1 million. That's a top prize pool of $100 million - the BIGGEST in Canadian history!
Only once before has a Canadian lottery game come close to a prize amount of this size. In June 2010, a $50 million LOTTO MAX jackpot was accompanied by 49 MAXMILLIONS.
"The goal with LOTTO MAX has always been to create more millionaires," said Kevin Gass, VP Lottery Gaming at BCLC. "It's extremely rare for players to have such a large amount of prize money available on a single draw."
Each LOTTO MAX ticket sold for Friday night's draw is automatically entered in the draw for the main $50 million jackpot and all 50 of the MAXMILLIONS draws.
- Draws held every Friday night.
- A $5 ticket features three chances to win.
- Tickets can be purchased until 6 p.m. (PT) on the day of the draw.
- To win the jackpot, players must match 7/7 numbers.
- Odds of winning a LOTTO MAX jackpot or MAXMILLION prize are one in 28,633,528 per play.
- Odds of winning any prize are one in 6.6 per play.
- The largest LOTTO MAX prize claimed in B.C. was $50 million on October 29, 2010.
- When the LOTTO MAX jackpot reaches $50 million, prizes of $1 million MAXMILLIONS are added.
- Players must match 7/7 numbers to win the corresponding MAXMILLION prize.
Group release forms for office pools or groups can be obtained at lottery retailers or bclc.com.
LOTTO MAX can be played at any Lotto and Lotto Express retailer or at www.PlayNow.com. Winning numbers can be found at www.bclc.com following each draw.